Desktop Support Specialist
Audit Analytics is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our growing IT team. We are an independent research firm that provides key data and analysis to global leaders in the financial, accounting, and regulatory communities. The Desktop Support Specialist performs all aspects of support related to the daily system and computing needs of company staff. Provides support via phone, e-mail, and Intranet as well as perform troubleshooting tasks and work with vendors to address and resolve issues.
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for managing helpdesk tickets via Jira, fixing common internet, email, printer, operating system, and software related issues. The Desktop Support Specialist also completes all technical onboarding and offboarding duties while following proper IT security protocols.
- Accurately record and update helpdesk issues via Jira ticketing system
- Diagnose, resolve, and track computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner
- Record, track, and maintain asset management/equipment inventory
- Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate staff
- Install and configure end user hardware, software, and peripherals using standard procedures
- Own software licensing management
- Drive hardware and software procurement practices and provide recommendations
- Onboard and offboard employees with systems while maintaining proper security protocols
- Maintaining and updating SOP documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history/certification preferred
- 1+ year of experience in a helpdesk/support environment
- Experience with Linux operating systems nice to have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work cross functionally and build relationships
- Experience working with Microsoft products such as Office 365 and Teams
- Basic client side networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to troubleshooting, configuring, and monitoring VOIP phone systems
- Experience installing applications and repairing issues with Windows
The ideal Candidate also has
- Strong desire to learn new technologies such as scripting
- Experience working with PowerShell a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- MetLife Pet, Legal, and Auto/Home and Insurance
- Aflac Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Chubb Personal Excess Liability Insurance
- Paid Time Off: (3) Weeks’ Vacation, (9) Holidays & (5) Sick Days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Udemy Online Courses
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Great work-life balance
Audit Analytics is an independent research and data provider of audit, regulatory, and disclosure intelligence. Since 2000, we have experienced steady growth by empowering our employees to contribute new ideas, consistently learn new skills, and maintain a flexible balance of work and family life. We cultivate a friendly, team-oriented environment that rewards our employees for their individual and team contributions.
This is an onsite position and no sponsorship is available. Principals only, no recruiters please.
Audit Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.