Senior Software Engineer
The Audit Analytics development team is growing! If you are enthusiastic about software engineering, have a passion for solving complex problems, and have a desire to work with large datasets, we want to talk to you! We are an independent research firm that provides key data and analysis to global leaders in the financial, accounting, and regulatory communities. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our growing development team. You will contribute to new product development, influence the technical direction of our codebase, and mentor junior developers.
- Optimize load processes/queries
- Write ETL processes to ingest data from various formats (XML, JSON, CSV, HTML, etc.)
- Design relational databases and scripts to process millions of rows of data
- Determine technical requirements and implement solutions
- Mentor other software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience with PHP or equivalent back-end language (e.g. Python)
- 1+ years’ Experience with shell scripting and the Linux/Unix command line
- 2+ years’ MySQL/relational database experience
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including testing
The ideal candidate also has
- Experience with messaging/job queues (RabbitMQ, Beanstalkd, etc)
- Expertise or desire to work on large relational databases
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Problem solving skills and experience interacting with large datasets
- A self-starter attitude
- Experience working with full text search indexing tools like Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene
- Company benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Short & Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Udemy Online Courses
- MetLife Pet, Auto/Home and Legal Insurance
- Aflac Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Great work-life balance
Audit Analytics is an independent research and data provider of audit, regulatory, and disclosure intelligence. Since 2000, we have experienced steady growth by empowering our employees to contribute new ideas, consistently learn new skills, and maintain a flexible balance of work and family life. We cultivate a friendly, team-oriented environment that rewards our employees for their individual and team contributions.
This is an onsite position and no sponsorship is available. Principals only, no recruiters please.
Audit Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.