Senior Research Analyst - Audit & Accounting Expert
Audit Analytics is seeking a Senior Research Analyst for its Accounting Quality Research group. This is a highly visible and impactful role, and the individual will serve as a public figure of the company. The Senior Research Analyst drives Audit Analytics’ contributions to the understanding of trends in financial reporting, audit, and accounting through research and public presentations.
Provides high-level expertise and thought leadership, pushing Audit Analytics data, research, and solutions to our clients and the broader marketplace. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will:
- Interface with clients and reporters to provide expert insight
- Generate ideas for impactful research reports and lead research, writing, and publications
- Perform analysis of accounting- and audit- quality trends and events
- Understand the accounting and audit regulatory landscape and help to position the company in the public discussion
- Monitor regulatory developments and coordinate with Product and Research groups on opportunities
- Participate in conferences, client calls, and webinars
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree in Accounting, MBA, or similar highly preferred
- CPA license preferred
- 3 + years of experience in public accounting preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
The ideal candidate also has
- Strong knowledge of accounting, business, and capital markets
- Familiarity and experience with audit, financial reporting, and related regulatory framework
- Great attention to detail
- Passion for writing and research
- Creativity, initiative, and team-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Stata, or similar
- Full benefits (401k, health and dental)
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Great work-life balance
Audit Analytics is an independent research and data provider of audit, regulatory, and disclosure intelligence. Since 2000, we have experienced steady growth by empowering our employees to contribute new ideas, consistently learn new skills, and maintain a flexible balance of work and family life. We cultivate a friendly, team-oriented environment that rewards our employees for their individual and team contributions.
This is an on-site position and no sponsorship is available. Principals only, no recruiters please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.