About Aperture Education |
Job Summary |
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Software Engineer to develop and release features on our new social and emotional learning (SEL) assessment delivery and results platform. This member will be a part of a small but nimble development team with extensive engineering experience at top tier technology companies. This teammate may manage a small team of FE engineers.
Ultimately, the role of the Sr. Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. This role will report directly to our VP of Engineering.
- Develop and release software solutions in an agile environment.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and release solutions by determining and architecting system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Lead FE Code Reviews.
- Manage and develop a small team of FE engineers.
- Help to make a positive impact on the lives of the many children, youth, and adults with which we serve
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Desired Technologies Experience |
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Education & Experience |
- No education requirement
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience developing software products
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Work Environment |
- Work can either be performed remotely (w/ daily Zoom calls) or in-person at our main office
- This job requires occasional travel to our home office (0-5%) for team bonding events