Job Summary |
The Student Portal Product Strategist will be an owner of the success of the product, Aperture Education’s student facing platform. They will establish the vision and strategy for our student SEL product roadmap and will be a product evangelist both in and outside the company. The Product Strategist will work collaboratively with Aperture’s internal R&D team to ensure the product is informed by research and to establish and improve the efficacy of the product. They will make enhancements to the user experience of the platform and support the financial viability of the product at our company. This team member will be a part of the Aperture Product Leadership Team.
- Maintains an understanding of the SEL field including key research the competitive landscape.
- Develops a vision and strategy for the future of the product line and creates aligned product roadmap.
- Works directly with engineering team (defining requirements and usability specifications).
- Evaluates and weighs relevant integration opportunities with other platforms.
- Interviews internal and external stakeholders to understand the “jobs to be done” and needs of the student and educators supporting them.
- Collaborates alongside designer to craft an intuitive user experience.
- Ensures that relevant stakeholders across the company understand the features and capabilities of the product, including the ability to support customers using the product.
- Works to ensure the Partnerships / Success Team has materials and knowledge needed to successfully sell the product with scale.
- Collaborates with other product strategists to ensure compatibility and relevance as part of a larger product suite.
- Reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- Product management or experience working with an engineering team
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortability with a P&L and understanding of the drivers of financial growth
- Flexibility to regular change
- Education or EdTech experience preferred
Work Environment |
- Candidates must have access to a home office free from distractions during Aperture’s common working hours of 9:30 am – 4:00 pm ET
- Candidates must have access to excellent internet which consistently supports video conferencing
- This job requires occasional travel to our home office (0-5%) for team bonding events
Job Information |
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Function: Product
Travel: Up to once / quarter for team gatherings