The Proposal Manager contributes to the development of written content in RFP submissions to differentiate Aperture Education from competitors. As a Proposal Manager you will work with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of proposals to districts/states. Previous experience writing RFPs or grants in the K-12 education space is required. You are an ideal candidate if you have an eye for detail, can coordinate schedules, have strong editorial skills, and have a proven track record of writing and securing RFPs and/or grants.
- Project manage the creation, design, tools, and processes for RFP/RFI responses.
- Coordinate with multiple departments: partnership, marketing, professional development, research and development, customer success, and engineering to provide proposal responses.
- Identify gaps and improvements needed in the current process for proposal writing. Present these ideas to internal stakeholders and secure support to execute improvements.
- Track, evaluate, and improve RFP responses based on customer feedback, sales needs, and market research.
- Train all departments on the RFP processes.
- Work closely with the Strategic Accounts team to understand the needs of the customer and support this team, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Passion for SEL and a curiosity and willingness to learn
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
Educations and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience required in K-12 education writing RFPs and or grants
- Experience designing, developing, and coordinating across departments to develop a gold standard RFP proposal
- PMP or similar experience, preferred
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- This job requires occasional travel.