Job Summary |
The Research Associate will be part of the Research and Development (R&D) team reporting to the Vice President of Research and Development. The research associate participates in applied research to support the development of Aperture Education’s intellectual property and programs. This includes studying and reporting the impacts of social and emotional learning programs and developing assessments and strategies to support social and emotional learning for students in grades K-12 and adults. The role requires collaboration with the R&D team, and Aperture clients, to help design studies and assessments, collect and interpret data, support continuous improvement efforts, and develop research reports. This is a full-time remote position, with periodic meetings in the Philadelphia, PA and Charlotte, NC areas.
The Ideal Candidate |
You will have knowledge and experience in social and emotional learning (SEL), and a strong background in research methods and statistics. You will have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and can work both independently for long periods and as a collaborative, contributing team member.
Applied Research |
- Work in collaboration with the R&D team to develop, implement, and manage applied research studies and program evaluation projects.
- Collaborate with Aperture clients (e.g., districts, schools, out-of-school time programs) to facilitate data collection, respond to research-related inquiries, support continuous improvement, and adhere to research protocols.
- Participate in the collection of data, including recruiting research participants, tracking participation, and mailing payments.
- Create and manage databases.
- Analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Conduct literature searches and assist in writing literature reviews.
- Help to prepare research reports, presentations, and publications and present at professional conferences.
Development of Intellectual Property |
- Participate in the development and evaluation of culturally appropriate social and emotional assessments, strategies, and resources.
- Participate in the design and development of research surveys and other study materials.
- Conduct user acceptance testing of online versions of Aperture intellectual properties.
Support of Cross-Functional Teams |
- Participate in, and take notes at, team meetings, cross-department meetings, and meetings with clients or outside organizations with whom Aperture has ongoing collaborative projects.
- Participate in the dissemination of research findings, including translating findings for a variety of stakeholders such as parents, teachers, school and district administrators, researchers, and Aperture staff.
- Provide guidance on sales, marketing, training, and support materials as requested.
Required Abilities |
- Ability to be self-directed and efficiently manage tasks and time to achieve goals.
- Passion for social and emotional learning (SEL) and a curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education & Experience |
- Master’s degree in education, psychology, statistics, prevention science, social work, or a related human service field.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in applied research in education or human services.
- Strong background in research methods and statistics.
- Strong library/literature search skills and thorough knowledge of APA style.
- Experience with SPSS and Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Qualtrics, or willingness to learn, required.
Work Environment |
- Work can either be performed remotely (w/ daily Zoom calls) or in-person at our main office.
- This job requires occasional travel to the Charlotte, NC and Philadelphia, PA areas (5-10%).
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer | Aperture Education does not discriminate in employment race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Aperture Education, in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 provides a drug-free workplace for all employees.