The Senior Research Associate will be part of the Research and Development team reporting to the Director of Research and Development. This position will contribute to Research and Development efforts to develop intellectual property in the social and emotional learning field including assessments and strategies for students in grades K-12 as well as adults.
The Senior Research Associate will also participate in translational research in support of Aperture Education’s intellectual property and programs to document their impact. This is a full-time remote position, with periodic meetings in the Philadelphia, PA and Charlotte, NC areas.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have extensive knowledge in research methods, statistics, and psychometrics. You will have experience with the implementation and evaluation of social and emotional learning (SEL) programs. You will have excellent organizational skills and can work both independently for long periods and as a collaborative, contributing team member.
· Applied Research
o Work in collaboration with the R&D team to develop, implement, and manage applied research studies and program evaluation projects.
o Conduct literature searches and assist in writing literature reviews.
o Participate in the design and development of research studies, including authoring IRB proposals.
o Oversee and support junior R&D staff in the collection of data.
o Analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data.
o Prepare research reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications.
o Present at professional conferences.
· Development of Intellectual Property
o Participate in the development and evaluation of social and emotional assessments, strategies, and resources.
o Lead efforts to collect and document input from stakeholders to inform intellectual property development.
o Conduct user acceptance testing of online versions of Aperture intellectual properties.
o Develop derivative products and services for Aperture clients such as multiple language versions, implementation guides, and program evaluation resources.
· Support of Cross-Functional Teams
o Represents R&D on cross-department teams and meetings with clients or outside organizations with whom Aperture has ongoing collaborative projects.
o Disseminates research findings, including translating findings for a variety of stakeholders such as parents, teachers, school and district administrators, researchers, and Aperture staff.
o Provide guidance on sales, marketing, training, and support materials as requested.
o Help make a positive impact on the lives of the many children, youth, and adults with which we serve.
· Ability to manage projects and lead small teams.
· Ability to be self-directed and efficiently manage tasks and time to achieve goals.
· Strong verbal and written skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Driven by our core values.
Education & Experience
· Master’s or doctoral degree in psychology, statistics, prevention science, social work, or a related human service field.
· Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in applied research in education or human services.
· Strong background in research methods, statistics, test development and psychometrics.
· Experience in project management and supervision required.
· Experience with SPSS, R, Qualtrics, and Microsoft Office required.
· Work can either be performed remotely (w/ daily Zoom calls) or in-person at our main office.
· This job requires occasional travel to the Charlotte, NC and Philadelphia, PA areas (5-10%).
· Charlotte or Philadelphia Metro Areas or Remote
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer | Aperture Education does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Aperture Education, in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 provides a drug-free workplace for all employees.