Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support Research studies - recruitment, consenting, logistics, study visits, reporting and closeout
- Fills out lab requisitions with accuracy.*
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens.*
- Tracks prenatal, DNA, and other kits.*
- Learns details of all kits which include; Filling out requisitions with accuracy, amounts to be drawn, processing, and shipping.*
- Orders lab supplies from various vendors.*
- Performs electronic filing of patient records.*
- Pulls lab results from fax queue, online platforms, etc. and other resources.*
- Coordinates hazardous waste pick up.*
- Answers phones and addresses each lab issue as needed.
- Works on special projects as assigned by doctors and management.
- Participates in keeping site compliant with HIPAA and OSHA requirements.
- Assists in maintaining a clean office environment.
- Provides excellent patient care through each patient interaction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of two years experience in Phlebotomy. Current CPT1 & CPR.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty on day one. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to patients, vendors and fellow employees.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of web and mobile applications, word processing software, Microsoft Excel, and electronic medical record.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Training: Minimum of two year experience with electronic medical records systems
Certificates and Licenses:
CPT 1 or higher
Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Good patient care
Oral and written communication skills
Ability to multitask
Due to patient sensitivities, we are a fragrance free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to bloodborne pathogens. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Summary: Acts as Phlebotomist for our in-house draw station. Must be able to draw infant to geriatric. Processes, ships, and organizes specimens as needed by performing the following duties.