DevonWay Technical Account Manager
DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about eighty employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
The Technical Account Manager position consists of two main duties:
- Provide consultative services to named customer(s).
- Design, document, build, test, and support all or parts of mobile and/or desktop solutions using the DevonWay technology stack.
The main deliverables from a Technical Account Manager are a customer, or group of customers, who have not only high-quality, reliable, and easy-to-use applications that meet their needs, but also ones that are realizing the added benefits of consultative and business analyst services provided by someone that understands their industry and their business.
By using the DevonWay platform, a Technical Account Manager can build applications without knowing specific programming languages like Java, but custom interfaces do often require programming skills.
Technical Account Managers may occasionally also fill the role of Project Manager.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Represent DevonWay in customer meetings, with all levels of management.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the customer with regard to business process automation, best practices, DevonWay capabilities, design options, and the pros and cons of each option.
- Translate customer needs into detailed requirements based on best practices.
- When appropriate, offer suggestions to expand the use of DevonWay to provide more value to the customer. This could be through the addition of new applications or by expanding the user base of existing applications.
- Analyze customers’ needs and suggest improvements.
- Follow the agile methodology to design and configure applications based on user stories/tickets.
- Learn and follow the DevonWay SQA process.
- If necessary, plan for and manage the completion of data conversions, interfaces to third-party systems, and reference data loads.
- Design, build, test, and deploy SSRS and/or Business Intelligence reports.
- Design, build, test, and deploy key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide work estimates and plans to the project manager.
- Conduct training sessions, either over webinar or in-person, for deployed applications.
- Support day-to-day customer operations.
- Perform incident troubleshooting and resolution.
- Proven work/task management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Work closely with DevonWay internal teams, including Development, Operations, Products, and Support.
- 5 years experience as a Technical Account Manager, Business Analyst, or equivalent position.
- Customer-focused and comfortable communicating with customers, including executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- First-rate problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Smart; analytical; able to understand abstract concepts.
- Comfortable with relational database concepts and able to create complex SQL statements involving, at a minimum, joins and subqueries.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus.
- Experience with REST and scripting languages (e.g., Python) a plus.
- Excellent note-taking skills.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Able to pass a security background check.
- BS in science, engineering, MIS, or another technical field.
- U.S. Citizen.
Company Information: DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com