DevonWay Mobile Software Engineer
DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about eighty employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
The mission of the Mobile Engineering team is to create competitive mobile application software that will bring the DevonWay experience to our customers, wherever they may be. We build applications for Android, iOS, and Windows using best practices and tools for the task. In this position, you will be a key contributor to our Android initiative.
The main deliverable for this mid-level to senior position is readable, testable, and secure code that meets the company’s needs and is ready for delivery to our customers. Software Engineers also actively contribute to product planning and direction; staying current on the latest platform and development trends is essential. All Software Engineers assist in providing operational support to existing customers. This may include occasional travel to customer sites around the world.
Remote or any DevonWay office.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Develop and maintain our Android application
· Collaborate in planning new features and defining platform direction
· Troubleshoot application issues; coordinate resolutions with colleagues and customers
· Manage our Android build process and Google Play Store presence
· Prepare and present work estimates and plans to supervisor and product manager
· Learn and follow the DevonWay SQA process
· Work closely with internal Customer Success and Business Development teams
· Proven track record in developing commercial Android applications
· Effective knowledge of Android application and security APIs in Java/Kotlin
· Proficiency with Android build toolchain, shell scripting, and continuous integration
· Familiarity with REST web services, Angular, and Cordova is a plus
· Strong computer science fundamentals
· Enthusiasm for writing unit testable code
· First-rate problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
· Smart; analytical; able to understand abstract concepts · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to travel occasionally, including internationally
· Able to pass a security background check
· BS in computer science, software engineering, or related field
Company Information: DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com