DevonWay is an award-winning, growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With over seventy employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to global enterprise and government customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you’ll work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to support enterprise projects built with the DevonWay software stack. The successful candidate understands enterprise software and is highly intelligent, organized, customer-oriented, cool under pressure, and comfortable dealing with complex situations involving multiple stakeholders throughout the implementation lifecycle.
You’ll be involved in multiple projects, simultaneously capturing detailed business requirements and ensuring project success using the DevonWay agile methodology. You’ll work closely with Project Managers or manage the implementation, depending on the size of the project.
Although most of the work can be done remotely, some travel (to customer sites and DevonWay meetings) is expected. This position reports to the head of the Project Management Office.
Any, but Salt Lake City preferred.
· Translate and document customer processes into project deliverables, including detailed requirements and workflow diagrams.
· Understand and document details of data conversions by creating data mapping documents and identifying interfaces to other client systems.
· Oversee the end-to-end testing process for customer implementations, including actively participating in verification testing to ensure the documented requirements are met.
· Train customers on how to use their DevonWay software. This includes creating customer-specific training materials based on general training materials.
· Obtain and document customer acceptance of project deliverables throughout the implementation lifecycle.
· Ensure customer satisfaction and on-time delivery by managing expectations – of both customer and internal staff – based on business drivers and priorities.
Qualifications and Skills
· Excellent communication, time-management, and leadership skills.
· Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, multitasking, and note taking.
· 2+ years project management skills and/or experience are preferred.
· Experience with agile software deployment and testing practices.
· 3+ years of experience working with a project team implementing enterprise software.
· Ability to demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy when interacting with external and internal customers.
· Practiced and comfortable having difficult conversations with internal and external parties; for example, pushing internal parties to complete a task on time or explaining to a customer that a feature request is out of scope.
· Demonstrated skills and capabilities in analytical and critical thinking as well as complex problem solving.
· Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the DevonWay technology stack.
· Knowledge of software deployment life cycle and testing practices.
· Bachelor’s degree in a science-, computer-, or business-related discipline required.