DevonWay Technical Account Manager
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
The mission of a Technical Account Manager consists of two main duties:
1. Provide consultative services to named customer(s).
2. Design, document, build, test, and support all or parts of a mobile and/or desktop solutions using the DevonWay technology stack.
The main deliverable for a Technical Account Manager is a satisfied customer that has not only highquality, reliable, and easy-to-use applications that meet their needs, but also one that is realizing the added benefits of consultative and business analyst services provided by someone that understands their industry and their business.
By using the DevonWay platform, a Technical Account Manager can build applications without having knowledge of specific programming languages like Java, but custom interfaces do often require programming skills.
A Technical Account Manager may also fill the role of Project Manager.
Customer location in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Key areas of responsibility:
• Represent DevonWay in customer meetings, with all levels of management.
• Provide guidance and feedback to customer with regards to business process automation, best practices, DevonWay capabilities, design options, and the pros and cons of each option.
• Translate customer needs into detailed requirements based on best practices.
• When appropriate, pursue opportunities to expand the use of DevonWay. This could be through the addition of new applications, or expanding the user base of existing applications.
• Analyze customers’ needs and suggest improvements.
• Follow the agile methodology to design and configure application modules based on user stories/tickets.
• Learn and follow the DevonWay SQA process, which requires Technical Account Managers to write and execute functional tests to ensure acceptable functionality and prevent regression.
• Plan for and complete data conversions, interfaces to third-party systems, and reference data loads.
• Design, build, test, and deploy SSRS and/or Business Intelligence reports.
• Design, build, test, and deploy key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Provide work estimates and plans to the project manager.
• Conduct training sessions, either over webinar or in-person, for deployed applications.
• Support day-to-day customer operations.
• Perform incident troubleshooting and resolution.
• Work closely with DevonWay internal teams, including Development, Operations, Products, Sales, and Business Development.
• 5 years’ experience in a Technical Account Manager, Application Engineer, Business Analyst, or equivalent position.
• Customer-focused and comfortable communicating with customers, including executives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• First-rate problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Smart; analytical; able to understand abstract concepts.
• Comfortable with relational database concepts and able to create complex SQL statements involving, at a minimum, joins and subqueries.
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus.
• Experience with REST and scripting languages (e.g. Python) a plus.
• Excellent note taking skills.
• Able to travel (very infrequent), including internationally.
• Able to pass a security background check.
• BS in science, engineering, MIS or other technical field.
Company Information: DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com