DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about seventy employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
The mission of an Application Engineer is to partner with customers to design and document all or parts of a mobile and/or desktop solution and then iteratively build, test, deliver, and support solutions using the DevonWay technology stack and industry-standard tools such as SSRS and SQL.
The main deliverable from an Application Engineer is a high-quality, reliable, and easy-to-use application that meets the customer’s needs. By using the DevonWay platform, applications can be built without having knowledge of specific programming languages like Java. Application configuration, however, does require advanced technical skills. Depending on the size and scope of the project, the Application Engineer may also fill the role of Project Manager. All Application Engineers also assist in providing technical support to existing customers.
Any DevonWay US Office or remote.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Meet with customers and translate their needs into detailed requirements based on best practices.
· Follow the agile methodology to design and configure application modules based on user stories/tickets.
· Learn and follow the DevonWay SQA process, which requires engineers to write and execute functional tests to ensure acceptable functionality and prevent regression.
· Plan for and complete data conversions, interfaces to third-party systems, and reference data loads.
· Design, build, test, and deploy SSRS and/or Business Intelligence reports.
· Design, build, test, and deploy key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Provide work estimates and plans to the project manager.
· Conduct training sessions, either over webinar or in-person, for deployed applications.
· Support day-to-day customer operations.
· Participate in the Technical Support team rotation.
· Perform incident troubleshooting and resolution.
· Work closely with DevonWay internal teams, including Development, Products, Sales, and Business Development.
· Comfortable with relational database concepts and able to create complex SQL statements involving, at a minimum, joins and subqueries.
· Experience with REST and scripting languages (e.g., Python) a plus.
· Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus.
· First-rate problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
· Customer-focused and comfortable communicating with customers.
· Smart; analytical; able to understand abstract concepts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent note taking skills.
· Able to travel up to 10%, including internationally.
· Able to pass a security background check.
· BS in science, engineering, MIS or another technical field.
· US Citizen.
· Fluency in French is a bonus.
· Good sense of humor.
· Foosball skills considered helpful in the fun work environment.
DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com