Customer Support Engineer
DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about seventy employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
The mission of a Customer Support Engineer is to support DevonWay customers, resolving incidents and completing enhancement requests for their applications. These tasks are accomplished using the DevonWay technology stack and industry-standard tools such as HTML, CSS, SSRS, and SQL.
The main deliverable from a Customer Support Engineer is a delighted customer after each interaction. This is accomplished by promptly resolving incidents and ensuring the changes you implement resolve their issues. For enhancement requests, it is important that you understand their request and know how it impacts their business. After design approval you will build the solution. You will then work with the customer, having them test and approve the changes in the test area, then promote the changes to their production environment.
As time permits you may assist on projects where applications are being built for new customers.
By using the DevonWay platform, applications can be built and maintained without having knowledge of specific programming languages like Java. Application configuration, however, does require advanced technical skills.
Any DevonWay US Office. Remote during COVID.
Director of Customer Support
Key areas of responsibility:
· Provide support to DevonWay customers by resolving incidents, answering questions, and completing enhancement requests.
· Perform incident troubleshooting and resolution.
· As needed, meet with customers, and translate their needs into detailed requirements based on best practices.
· Learn and follow the DevonWay SQA process, which requires engineers to write and execute functional tests to ensure acceptable functionality and prevent regression.
· Troubleshoot issues and complete enhancement requests for SSRS and/or Business Intelligence reports.
· Design, build, test, and deploy key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Support day-to-day customer operations.
· Work closely with DevonWay internal teams, including Development, Products, Sales, and Business Development.
· Two+ years of experience in a similar role.
· Customer-focused and comfortable communicating with customers.
· Smart; analytical; able to understand abstract concepts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Comfortable with relational database concepts and able to create complex SQL statements involving, at a minimum, joins and sub-queries.
· Experience with REST and scripting languages (e.g., Python) a plus.
· Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus.
· First-rate problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
· Able to pass a security background check.
· BS in science, engineering, MIS, or another technical field.
· US Citizen.
· Fluency in French or German a bonus.
· Good sense of humor.
· Ping Pong skills considered helpful in the fun work environment (once we are back to working in the office).
DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com