DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about seventy employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
DevonWay’s customers run in our US and EU hosted environments as well as in on-premises customer-hosted environments. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us develop, maintain, and improve these and future environments.
On a daily or weekly basis, the DevOps Engineer will interface with Engineering, Delivery, and Account Services to troubleshoot issues, respond to customer requirements, perform upgrades, and much more.
The DevOps Engineer reports directly to the VP of Technical Operations. Limited travel, domestically and internationally, is to be expected once COVID travel restrictions are lifted.
Any DevonWay US Office. Remote during COVID.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Support, maintain, and configure our on-premises and hosted environments, including servers, databases, software, security, disaster recovery, and networks
· Implement tools and scripts to automate much of the above
· Perform troubleshooting in response to automated alerts or reported issues
· Participate in the on-call rotation
· Help with tasks related to setting up new customers, both on-premises and hosted
· Actively participate in improving our tools, alerts, processes, and documentation to maintain 99.99%+ uptime and the most secure environment possible
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an engineering, computer science, or related field
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Experience with the following technologies is required:
o Microsoft Windows Server
o Windows Group Policy
o Java servlet containers
o Amazon Web Services
o Proficiency in a high-level scripting language like PowerShell, Python, or Perl (PowerShell preferred)
· Experience with one or more of the following technologies is desired:
o Jenkins, Bamboo, or other continuous integration technologies
o DISA STIG / CIS hardened environments
o Storage systems
o Load balancers
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Writing and Tuning SQL
o Vulnerability and penetration testing tools
o Telemetry systems
o SMTP mail servers
· Calm under high pressure situations, such as during an unplanned downtime
· Team- and customer-oriented; ethical; fair
· Smart; able to quickly learn new concepts
· Ability to pass a criminal background check
· US citizen or permanent residentCompany Information: DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com