DevonWay Technical Account Manager
DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about seventy employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
The Technical Account Manager position consists of two main duties:
1. Provide consultative services to named customer(s).
2. Design, document, build, test, and support all or parts of mobile and/or desktop solutions using the DevonWay technology stack.
A Technical Account Manager ensures a customer, or group of customers are not only delivered high-quality, reliable, and easy-to-use applications that meet their needs, but also that they are able to leverage the added benefits of consultative and business analyst services provided by a technology partner that understands their industry and business.
Using the DevonWay platform, a Technical Account Manager can build applications without having knowledge of specific programming languages like Java, but custom interfaces do often require programming skills.
Technical Account Managers may also fill the role of Project Manager.
Any DevonWay US Office. Remote during COVID.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Represent DevonWay by hosting customer meetings, with all levels of management.
· Provide account management oversight and coordination between various customer groups and applications.
· Provide guidance and feedback to customer(s) with regards to business process automation, best practices, DevonWay capabilities, design options, and the pros and cons of each option.
· Understand and translate both customer reported issues, as well as desired continuous improvement enhancements for existing applications to clearly document requirements in tickets and manage scope.
· Analyze customers’ business needs and suggest improvements. When appropriate, propose an expansion of DevonWay to provide more value to the customer. This may include expanding the use of existing applications to other groups within the enterprise or working with DevonWay Account Executives for the addition of new applications.
· Follow the agile methodology to design, configure, and support applications based on requirements.
· Learn and follow the DevonWay SQA process.
· If necessary, plan for and manage the completion of data conversions, interfaces to third-party systems, and reference data loads.
· Design, build, test, and deploy SSRS and/or Business Intelligence reports.
· Design, build, test, and deploy key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Provide work estimates and plans to project managers.
· Conduct training sessions for deployed applications. These may be remotely over webinar or on site in a classroom setting.
· Support day-to-day customer operations.
· Perform incident troubleshooting and resolution.
· Work closely with DevonWay internal teams, including Development, Operations, Products, and Support.
· 5 years’ experience in a Technical Account Manager, Business Analyst, or equivalent position.
· Customer-focused and comfortable communicating with customers, including executives.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· First-rate problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
· Smart; analytical; able to understand abstract concepts.
· Comfortable with relational database concepts and able to create complex SQL statements involving, at a minimum, joins and subqueries.
· Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus.
· Experience with REST and scripting languages (e.g., Python) is a plus.
· Excellent organizational and note taking skills.
· Ability to travel occasionally.
· Ability to pass a security background check.
· BS in science, engineering, MIS, or another technical field.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen.Company Information: DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com