Role: Associate, Capacity Building
Location: Remote | Anywhere in the United States
Salary Range: $95,000
Reports to: Market Development Manager
Who we are: The International Foundation for Valuing Impacts (IFVI) is a newly formed organization building upon the work incubated at the Impact-Weighted Accounts project at Harvard Business School. Our mission is to build and scale the practice of impact accounting to promote decision-making based on risk, return, and impact. Through our work, we aim to create a just and sustainable global economy based on the full contribution of business to people and the planet.
IFVI’s work is guided by our core values. We are a people-focused organization and aim to create a culture of inclusion and belonging by valuing the diverse backgrounds and contributions of our team members, our Board, and our partners. We are passionate about our vision, and approach our work through the lens of collaboration, excellence, and credibility.
The Role: The Associate will report to the Market Development Manager and will be integral to the success of the Market Development team, which will focus on advancing market uptake of impact accounting globally and generating evidence that impact accounting is feasible and valuable to investors, corporates, and regulators. The Associate will play a critical role in designing and implementing capacity building programs and activities to facilitate understanding and adoption of impact accounting by diverse audiences.
What you will do:
The role includes the following responsibilities, which may evolve over time:
1. Capacity Building Strategy Support
- Follow regulatory developments and trends in sustainability disclosure and impact measurement and valuation to inform IFVI’s work.
- Work with IFVI’s Communications, Research, and Market Development teams to inform our capacity building activities and distill complex concepts and research outputs into engaging and effective resources.
Key activities may include but are not limited to:
- Development of customized capacity-building materials (e.g. educational resources, toolkits, practitioner guides, etc.) to facilitate understanding and implementation of impact accounting and translate the use cases for diverse audiences globally
- Co-develop educational resources, training modules, and/or accreditation programs with key partners within the impact management and valuation ecosystem
- Integrate lessons learned from pilots with corporates and investors into educational and marketing materials
- Support the facilitation of trainings and workshops for diverse audiences
- Engage academic and research institutions to collaborate on capacity-building activities (i.e. curriculum development, trainings, and webinars, etc.) and to amplify IFVI’s research work
What we are looking for:
Minimum requirements (must have):
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in capacity building, training, or accreditation programs, with a focus on sustainability issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in corporate sustainability, impact, or ESG issues
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex concepts effectively to diverse audiences (e.g. investors, corporates, academics, public sector)
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and a results-driven mindset with a proven track record of delivering projects on time
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience or willingness to work within a flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility to hold meetings across multiple time zones as necessary
Additional qualifications (nice to have):
- Training and workshop facilitation experience
- Proven experience in partnership development, with international experience preferred
There are many backgrounds and combinations of skills and experiences that could be an excellent fit for this position. We are looking for exceptional people and highly encourage you to apply.
What we offer:
- A workplace that prioritizes health and well-being and personal growth
- Generous PTO and competitive benefits, including paid parental leave
- Access to coworking space or annual stipend for home office arrangements
- Flexible work hours
The starting salary for this position at the Associate level is $95,000. During the interview process, we will consider a candidate’s full experience and may adjust the job title andng salary as appropriate.
Please note that IFVI is unable to file petitions with USCIS for new hires at this time.
The International Foundation for Valuing Impacts is an equal-opportunity employer. At IFVI, we celebrate differences and hire individuals based solely on a person’s skills and qualifications directly related to the key attributes and experience required to be successful in the role. IFVI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, (or related condition) or any other basis protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please reach out to email@example.com.