Position: Impact Research Analyst
Location: Remote | Anywhere in the United States
Salary Range: $80,000-90,000
Reports to: Research Manager
Who we are:
The International Foundation for Valuing Impacts (IFVI) is a newly formed organization building upon the work incubated at the Impact-Weighted Accounts project at Harvard Business School. Our mission is to build a global impact economy, which brings solutions to the great social and environmental challenges we face, by integrating impact valuation in financial analysis, capital allocation, and decision-making.
The Impact Research Analyst will be part of the IFVI Research Team, responsible for developing a comprehensive and standardized approach to corporate impact valuation in alignment with the vision of IFVI.
Under the management of the Research Manager, the Impact Research Analyst will conduct research to inform the overall impact valuation methodology, support research on specific impact themes, and coordinate and support across projects and their various phases of development.
Who you are:
You are an early career professional with experience in research and a passion for improving how corporations measure, manage, and value impact in alignment with the IFVI mission. You are an analytical thinker and problem solver and someone who gets things done. You enjoy working independently as well as part of a small, dynamic team. You share a commitment to IFVI’s mission and want to take an active role in our organization’s success.
What you’ll do:
The Impact Research Analyst is responsible for the following activities, which may evolve over time:
- Conduct research, both quantitative and qualitative, on impact valuation methodologies for corporations, including research into reporting and disclosure standards and other frameworks
- Support engagement with diverse groups of industry and topical experts to design impact valuation methodologies that ensure comprehensiveness, accuracy, relevance, and feasibility
- Support coordination of meetings and phases of work for research and methodology development, including development of prep materials on research and methodology, project management and coordination, notetaking, and creation of summary reports
- Support Market Development team to accelerate market testing of impact valuation and to design tools and educational materials to drive adoption of impact valuation global methodology
What we are looking for:
- 1-2 years professional or academic experience in a field relevant to corporate sustainability, impact measurement, ESG and/or impact investing
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience conducting research, both qualitative and quantitative, including analysis of academic articles, policy literature, and industry standards
- Familiarity with relevant sustainability standards in data, disclosure, and reporting landscape, such as the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the EU Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS), etc.
- Familiarity with impact measurement and management (IMM) principles and approaches (experience specifically with impact valuation is a plus)
- Creative, analytical thinking and problem solving, including capacity to balance both big picture considerations with minute details
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a compelling way to meet the needs of different audiences (e.g. investors, corporates, academics, public sector), including synthesizing research to write complete reports and technical documents
- Strong project management skills
- Technical experience with qualitative and quantitative research design and techniques, including data collection, data management, modeling, and multivariate statistical analysis (including use of tools such as SQL, R, or Python) is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience or willingness to work within a flexible and entrepreneurial environment and being responsive to feedback
- Flexibility to hold meetings across multiple time zones as necessary
- Applicants must be permanently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What we offer:
● Ability to shape IFVI’s culture and strategy
● A workplace that prioritizes health and wellbeing and personal growth
● Generous PTO and competitive benefits, including paid parental leave
● Access to coworking space or stipend for home office arrangements
● Flexible work hours
The International Foundation for Valuing Impacts is an equal opportunity employer. At IFVI, we celebrate differences and hire individuals based solely on a person’s skills and qualifications directly related to the key attributes and experience required to be successful in the role. IFVI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, (or related condition) or any other basis protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.