Since 1992, Unified Compliance has developed ground-breaking tools to support IT (Information Technology) best practices with a special focus on regulatory compliance, metrics, systems continuity, and governance. Developed in 2005, the Common Controls Hub, the SaaS portal built on to the Unified Compliance Framework, is Unified Compliance’s flagship product. The UCF’s content and methodology is the direct result of our deep understanding of IT regulations and standards as well as decades of experience consulting for clients, publications, and vendors in the mission-critical IT arena.® Unified Compliance has cornered the market with the largest, broadest compliance methodologies in the world, including methodologies for solid research, cross referencing, glossary, fact checking, and editorial to maintain the high standards enjoyed by the vendors and end users of the Unified Compliance Framework.
Unified Compliance is THE authoritative platform for regulatory content, control frameworks, and policy guidance. To help build web and API products that excite our customers, the UCF Technology team is looking for a remote DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for creating and maintaining a scalable, automated build/release process for our web applications and products which are currently hosted at AWS.
- Participate in Agile Scrum sprints, planning, and retrospectives over slack and zoom.
- Interface with development team, Quality Assurance, and technology leadership to build strong, efficient, automated and monitored release management.
- Help drive the adoption of Trunk-based branching strategies to speed up development, testing and release.
- Build and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using technologies like GitLab, Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.
- Build and maintain Infrastructure as Code solutions leveraging technologies like Docker, Terraform, EKS, ECS, etc.
- Build and maintain Configuration Management solutions leveraging technologies like Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform, etc.
- Build and maintain container images leveraging technologies like Docker, ECR, ECS, Kubernetes (EKS), etc.
- Implement and maintain monitoring with technologies like CloudWatch, DataDog, and Sentry.
- Help support and maintain AWS organization and technologies to include SQS, SNS, SES, Route53, EBS, and more. (IT Operations)
- Build and maintain Secrets management solution at AWS and incorporate into build processes and access.
- Automate everything mindset!
- Secure everything mindset! Think like a hacker.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and willing to work on complex challenges
- Able to write and speak clearly about complex systems and issues for both technical and layman audiences.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- AWS certification or training is a plus:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- 3 or more years professional experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- 2 or more years professional experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- 2 or more years professional experience with Configuration Management.
- 3 or more years professional experience with AWS relating to a DevOps role.
- 5 or more years professional experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux based environments with Docker.
- 3 or more years professional experience with highly available systems architecture design including AWS, CDN, load balancers, firewalls, apache/nginx web servers, docker, etc.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of using computer keyboard, mouse
- Prolonged exposure to computer monitors and lighting
Unified Compliance is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Unified Compliance are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Unified Compliance adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote
Supplemental pay types:
Merit Based Bonus based on individual and company performance
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid time-off
- Paid Holidays
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday