AITC is fast-growing, proven, and reputable Information Technology Company focused on Systems Integration, Value-Added Reselling, and Professional Services of IT products and End-To-End solutions. We represent over 1,200 select manufacturers to a network of direct and indirect Customers in the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as in the Commercial sector.
AITC has an opening for a Systems Engineer position in support of our Global mission but with primary duty station at our
Winter Springs, FL.
The Systems Engineer provides detailed analysis, reports, advice, and designs on all related new systems or system upgrades to existing system components. Provide engineering support and subject matter expertise in network communication technology for requirements analysis, component selection, design and test; review technical documentation; participating in design reviews, teleconferences, meetings, and discussions concerning systems upgrades, reporting on all findings, conclusions, and issues concerning these development and upgrades, and conduct in-plant and on-site testing. Interact with contractors and customers. Travel as required to support meetings, conferences, data gathering, and testing events.
· Perform requirements analysis, decompose and allocate requirements
· Generate Requirements traceability matrixes
· Track all program requirements and technical specifications, ensuring design and manufacturing processes support verification and validation.
· Perform site surveys to collect information such as; network configuration; network layout; state of the fiber optic network infrastructure; network equipment obsolescence or end of life equipment; equipment locations; possible network vulnerabilities
· Validate equipment lists provided to ensure they meet the intended capabilities
· Verify and research equipment End of Life (EoL) information
· Ensure systems compliance to industry and applicable DoD requirements.
· Develop technical risk assessments;
· Coordinate the engineering analysis work required for the project.
· Coordinate with vendors for potential new technologies
· Provide support for Quality issues and planning as required.
· Read and interpret change orders, improvement plans, technical information and existing engineering drawings.
· Prepare Microsoft Visio drawing of the network topology and network devices
· Prepare Site Survey reports, Technical Study reports
· Prepare Engineering plans such as; Technical Solution Implementation Plan (TSIP), System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP)
· Integrate hardware and software components
· Read engineering instruments, meters and gauges and accurately recording findings.
· Develop Test Plans and Procedures
· Execute Test Plans and Procedures
· Prepare project close-out support documentation, lessons learned, risk close-out and final project information storage, strategic and tactical planning.
· 7 + years of experience in Systems Engineering, Integration and Test.
· Experience in networking.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Possess professional IT training and certifications to include (Desired):
- A+ Certification
- Net+ Certification
- Security + Certification
- Microsoft Certifications
· Previous work history with Cisco, Juniper, etc. or similar.
· Knowledge of current vendors network products and systems.
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience using Microsoft Visio and other Microsoft Office products
· Experience working with all network components, (servers, workstations, mobile, switches/routers, Access Points, cabling/fiber).
· Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment
· Department of Defense Secret Clearance a MUST