The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM), a DC-based, fast-growing medical specialty association in the women’s health space dedicated to advocacy and education for healthcare providers who treat high-risk pregnant women and their unborn babies, is seeking an energetic, and organized Office Coordinator and Foundation Support to manage the office logistics and provide high-level support to the Foundation programs.
SMFM offers great benefits, including access to several no- or low-cost health insurance plans, three weeks of annual leave plus all Federal holidays, 8 percent salary contribution to a 401(k) plan, commuter allowance, flexible work hours, telecommuting once/week, a great team and a collegial working environment. We are pro-choice organization an an equal opportunity employer.
If you have a passion for assisting others, are extremely detail-oriented and organized, can work independently and can handle multiple projects with competing priorities at a time, have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues on the spot, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you! Interested candidates should apply online with a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and their qualifications, together with their resume and current references. Deadline is April 12, 2019. No phone calls please.
· Manages the full range of office, facilities and technical infrastructure support (office space, furniture, phones, copiers, computer equipment, etc.)
· Arranges repairs and maintenance issues with landlord or appropriate vendors, including telephones, internet, office equipment, appliances and furniture;
· Organizes staff meeting agendas and orders and secures catering for this and any other DC meetings;
· Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and conference room;
· Maintains the schedule of the conference room;
· Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate staff member, liaises with the building’s front desk to ensure visitors have access to the SMFM office, escorts visitors if necessary;
· Solicits needs from staff for office and kitchen supplies, orders supplies on a regular or as-needed basis;
· Liaises with SMFM’s IT vendor to maintain the security of SMFM’s IT infrastructure and equipment, communicates with staff on any changes or threats identified by the vendor;
· Fulfills publications orders by collecting purchasing information from SMFM website and promptly and efficiently shipping or mailing products; responds to members inquiries regarding products ordered online;
· Collects mail from the building’s mail room and places it in the office mail slots; brings SMFM mail to mail room together with any other mail/packages;
· Assembles course and annual meeting materials; assists with other related annual meeting tasks as needed;
· Other projects as assigned.
· Supports the administrative tasks of the Foundation’s Executive Director;
· Assists with Foundation program management, which includes managing application process, communicating with current and past awardees, updating program pages on the website, and preparing for Foundation program activities at the Annual Meeting;
· Assists with Foundation committee processes, including scheduling calls and note taking/minute development;
· Manages Literature Alert Series, which includes monthly tasks of reminding volunteers, compiling their selections, communicating with the committee chair, compiling the final document and distributing it using email marketing program;
· Maintains Foundation’s fundraising database, sends gift acknowledgements, and runs regular reports;
· Assists with ongoing and new development initiatives;
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience, education, and other requirements
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree completed or in progress required, minimum of two years’ work experience in an office environment, preferably for a member organization, academic or healthcare institution;
· Must be able to pay close attention to details, spot inconsistencies and make corrections; must be highly organized and effective in management, organization, and prioritization of office functions;
· Ability to anticipate needs, and plan accordingly;
· Ability to take succinct minutes and notes of complex discussions to capture action items and takeaways;
· Strong oral communication skills, excellent grammar and writing skills;
· Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities and negotiate timelines;
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in all circumstances;
· Advanced knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype for Business); good knowledge of basic office systems (computers, telephony, mailings, copying, etc.);
· Availability for some domestic travel to SMFM meetings and occasional flexibility with work hours.