Description: The Foundation for SMFM seeks a self-starter to assist with development and fundraising tasks. The Development Intern will work with the CEO initially and then the Foundation Director to manage of some of the Foundation’s fundraising projects and database management. This opportunity provides first-hand nonprofit experience in program management and development/fundraising.
· Assists with Foundation committee processes and correspondence with committee members
· Utilizes the Foundation’s fundraising database, sends gift acknowledgements, and runs regular reports
· Assists with ongoing and new development initiatives, including Year-End Giving, Race for Research and Celebration Event at the Annual Meeting February 6 – 11, 2023 in San Francisco.
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to creatively approach problem solving, be flexible, work well under pressure, multi-task and have excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
· Interest in healthcare and/or nonprofit and association management is desirable