The Membership and Marketing Coordinator for the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine is responsible for supporting the Director of Membership and Marketing in all routine Membership and Marketing activities maintaining the highest level of customer service while performing daily tasks: recruitment and retention, member services and engagement, maintenance of the membership database, and implementing marketing plans designed to increase member value and grow revenue (e.g., dues, products, registrations). Other duties include tracking membership statistics and marketing metrics, fulfilling product orders, running membership reports, responding to member requests, and light website maintenance.
- Process new memberships and provide welcome and onboarding materials to new members.
- Maintain the integrity of the membership database; ensures it is current and collaborates with the Association Management System (AMS) developer on custom upgrades and functionality.
- Coordinates with the Director of Membership and Marketing and other staff on member communications across a variety of platforms including e-mail, text and direct mailers to build awareness among members regarding new and existing member benefits and resources to support member satisfaction and engagement efforts.
- Researches and recommends new initiatives to increase the value of SMFM membership.
- Answer inquiries received via e-mail, mail and telephone, providing timely follow-up as necessary from response to resolution.
- Input data (new member applications, renewals, changes to member records, subscriptions, online and mail applications) into membership database, ensuring that the information is accurate and current.
- Assist members inquiring proper delivery of all member benefits including Journal subscription, access to online education and communities.
- Support activities of the SMFM Online Communities and Mentor Match programs.
- With support from the Director, Membership & Marketing, acts as a staff liaison support for the Membership and Bylaws committee, and other task forces related to membership engagement as assigned.
- Provide membership reports to staff and leadership as necessary.
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing plans to support membership, meetings, online learning, and other Society initiatives, in conjunction with other staff.
- Work with outside vendors and graphic designers to develop branding and marketing collateral to support membership, meetings, online learning, and other Society initiatives.
- Work with the internal communications staff to implement social media plan and posts.
- Create and maintain communication calendar for all member email communications.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice.
- Update member-related web pages as necessary and provide support to Manager, Digital Platforms.
- Schedule committee conference calls.
Experience and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 - 3 years of experience in a membership or marketing role
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of association management systems (AMS).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software with expertise in Excel.
- Ability to work well on your own, troubleshoot and resolve issues independently.
- Well-organized and able to prioritize inquiries and requests.
- Strong collaborator; conducts and maintains collegial relationship with staff and members; has flexible, positive, “can-do” attitude.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, adaptability and emotional intelligence.
- Critical thinker with a strong work ethic, high level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of communications platforms, including Constant Contact, Canva, and a plus.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must live in Maryland, DC or Virginia and be able to go to the office in Washington, DC when needed (even if you choose to work remotely most of the time).
- Ability to travel to up to four meetings per year or as needed and occasional flexibility with work hours.