The Education Program Manager, Annual Meeting manages the development and execution of educational programs that advance the strategic plan of the Society, with a focus on the annual meeting "The Pregnancy Meeting" activities. Serve as project manager for Annual Meeting educational program development. Co-manage the faculty and sessions database (Cadmium), volunteer/faculty management, faculty/abstract invitation process, content/session development (including Post-Graduate Courses, Forums and Oral Sessions), continuing medical education compliance/adherence and logistics/support for the program.Supports the continuing medical education compliance/adherence and logistics for in-person meeting content that is captured and transferred to online learning activities via the SMFM learning management system.Prepare and review session content for ACCME accreditation standards for continuing education credits/CEU credits. Work with the Accredited Provider on accreditation matters and assist with documentation process for the educational program.Review and update invited speaker policies and procedures. Researches and analyzes trends in instructional design and women’s health-based meetings. Collaborate with the Director, DEI to ensure diversity among faculty, consistent with the Society’s policies and Strategic Plan.Manage the faculty training process in preparation for the annual meeting. Develop/run education program data reports as required. Establish reporting metrics and needs.Develop and maintain SOP for program management of the annual meeting. Collaborate with marketing to transparently communicate opportunities for member engagement in the Annual Meeting program.Ensures quality of and consistent communication with the Society’s attendees, invited faculty, abstract presenters and vendor partners.Serves as primary liaison and coordinates activities with the Society’s faculty/abstract management vendor related to the annual meeting, online/digital activities, and regional programs. Works with vendor to develop and manage timelines for related activities.Function as main liaison with SMFM’s journal publisher on all aspects on the abstract book (negotiate contract in collaboration with leadership; ensure timely transmittal of electronic files; produce draft for committee review, etc.).Provide education, marketing, and administrative support for educational programs and services as required. Including the management of the Education and Annual Meeting web pages and response to customer service inquires for all educational activities.Serves on the staff team supporting the SMFM Program Committee, Education Committee, and provides status reports. Other duties as assigned.Experience, education, and other requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and event management systems required (CadmiumCD experience a plus).
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to develop and execute contingency plans.
- Ability to develop standardized operating procedures and give clear directions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diversified office and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines and drive the successful execution of the annual meeting program involving a few vendors, volunteer members, and staff.
- Strong team player; conducts and maintains collegial relationship with staff, members, and vendors; has positive, "can-do" attitude and is flexible.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, adaptability, and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; position requires a minimum amount of travel - estimated at 5%.
This position has been filled.
Would you like to see our other open positions?