The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) is a DC-based, fast-growing medical specialty association in the women’s health space established in 1977 and dedicated to advocacy and education for healthcare providers who treat high-risk pregnant women and their unborn babies. SMFM is currently seeking a hard-working, skilled and dynamic individual to become its Director of Clinical Guidelines.
SMFM offers great benefits, including access to several no- or low-cost health insurance plans, three weeks of annual leave and five personal days, all observed Federal holidays, 8 percent salary contribution to a 401(k) plan after 6 months of employment, commuter allowance, flexible work hours, telecommuting once/week after 3 months of employment, a great team and a collegial working environment. We are a pro-choice organization and an equal opportunity employer.
If you have a passion for assisting others, are extremely detail-oriented and organized, can work independently and can handle multiple projects with competing priorities at a time, have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues on the spot, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you! Interested candidates should send a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and their qualifications, together with resume and at least 3 current professional references. Deadline is February 8, 2020. No phone calls please.
About the Job
The Director, Clinical Guidelines is responsible for overseeing and implementing the clinical guidelines process for all SMFM-branded clinical publications. The Director oversees the development of SMFM-branded clinical material and serves as the primary staff to direct, manage, oversee, and implement the work of the Presidential Workshops. The Director serves as the partner organization liaison on clinical guidelines content.
• Oversee the implementation of Publications Committee specific publications. Prepare initial drafts as assigned, guide documents through peer review, resolve conflicts, review for consistency with existing clinical guidance, and guide document through publication process.
• Oversee the implementation of the SMFM Guidelines development process and provide review of evidence and serve as methodologist on all SMFM-branded publications.
• Collaborate and assist in the development of clinical content on the SMFM website.
• Identify opportunities and engage in building relationship with other organizations to improve collaboration on clinical guidelines and publications.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Serves as primary staff liaison for the annual President’s Workshop and works with the SMFM President to develop the program and oversee all aspects of implementing the program.
• Oversee the implementation of the final Workshop products. Prepare initial drafts as assigned, guide documents through peer review, resolve conflicts, review for consistency with existing clinical guidance, and guide document(s) through publication process.
• Seek out partnering organizations as appropriate for collaboration.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Work with the Senior Director, Communications to proactively identify opportunities to engage in social media and utilize other communications outlets to raise the visibility of the SMFM clinical materials.
Experience, education, and other requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
• Five to seven years’ experience in related work, preferably with a healthcare association and experience in women’s health issues, in the following areas:
- Working with health-care professionals, authors, and review committees
- Knowledge of medical terminology, writing, and editing
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical issues into accurate reports and responses.
• The position requires a self-motivated individual who possesses excellent writing, editing and organizational skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized; able to manage content drafts and revisions; adept at spotting issues with consistency.
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, create and maintain production schedules, and meet deadlines, along with a proper balance of assertiveness, diplomacy, and discretion.