The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) is a DC-based, fast-growing medical specialty association in the women’s health space established in 1977 and dedicated to advocacy and education for healthcare providers who treat high-risk pregnant women and their unborn babies. SMFM is currently seeking a hard-working, skilled and dynamic instructional designer to become its e-Learning Development and Implementation Manager.
SMFM offers great benefits, including access to several no- or low-cost health insurance plans, three weeks of annual leave and five personal days, all observed Federal holidays, 8 percent salary contribution to a 401(k) plan after 6 months of employment, commuter allowance, flexible work hours, telecommuting once/week after 3 months of employment, a great team and a collegial working environment. We are a pro-choice organization and an equal opportunity employer.
If you have a passion for assisting others, are extremely detail-oriented and organized, can work independently and can handle multiple projects with competing priorities at a time, have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues on the spot, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you! Interested candidates should send a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and their qualifications, together with resume and at least 3 current professional references. Deadline is October 27, 2019. No phone calls please.
About the Job
The e-Learning and Implementation Manager is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and implementing SMFM’s activities related to online member education and assisting member efficiency. The Manager will provide leadership and oversight in the design, development, delivery, and assessment of courses offered in distance delivery formats for members’ professional learning. The position serves as primary staff to manage and oversee the primary activities of the SMFM Online Education Committee and the SMFM Critical Care Course Work Group and to assist in the development of any special projects related to SMFM online education. The position will also coordinate the work of the SMFM Clinical Informatics Committee.
Online Education and Implementation
· Serve as primary staff for all committee activities for the SMFM Online Education Committee and oversee and implement the activities of the Committee.
· Coordinate the work of the SMFM Clinical Informatics Committee.
· Manage and develop online education tools for new and existing SMFM clinical guidelines and manage the online learning management system.
· Serve as primary staff liaison to the Critical Care Course Work Group.
· Work with SMFM editorial staff to ensure consistency with SMFM publication guidelines and style.
· Develop processes for development of online educational tools and materials to increase efficiency of SMFM clinical guidelines.
· Direct the delivery of education in multiple digital formats, to include selecting and establishing the best delivery channels and implementing new approaches that improve the user experience.
· Continually improve the customer experience for digital learning, to include marketing; product design, development, production, delivery; and customer service.
· Manage annual budget for online education programs.
Continuing Education (CME and CE)
· Ensure compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. (ACCME) standards and manage reaccreditation through the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
· Assess and implement maintenance of certification credits offered for online products.
· Fulfill year-end reporting requirements to the ACCME.
· Work with the Senior Director, Communications to proactively identify opportunities to engage in social media and utilize other communications outlets to raise the visibility of the online education program.
Publications and Guidelines
· Work with publications and guidelines team to identify new and existing clinical and patient guidelines to serve as primary source material for online education tools.
Patient Safety and Quality
· Work with the patient safety and quality team to identify topics and opportunities to collaborate on implementation tools.
· Work with other SMFM staff to identify new opportunities and topics for online education.
· Travel as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience, education, and other requirements
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree required, training in instructional design highly preferred.
· Three to five years’ experience in related work, preferably with a health-care association, in the following areas:
o Development of professional health education materials and consumer products
o Working with health-care professionals, authors, and review committees
o Creation of CME materials and questions that comply with ACCME standards and protocols
o Organizing, implementing, maintaining, and inputting content into a learning management system
· Experience in maintaining ACCME accreditation and applying for ACCME reaccreditation a plus.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with basic principles of medical writing.
· Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Detail-oriented and organized; able to manage content drafts and revisions; adept at spotting issues with consistency and compliance.
· Ability to assimilate technical issues into accurate reports and responses.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, create and maintain production schedules, and meet deadlines, along with a proper balance of assertiveness, diplomacy, and discretion.