The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) is a DC-based, fast-growing medical specialty association in the women’s health space established in 1977 and dedicated to advocacy and education for healthcare providers who treat high-risk pregnant women and their unborn babies. SMFM is currently seeking a hard-working, positive-attitude and dynamic Membership and Exhibits Support Coordinator for its Membership Department.
SMFM offers great benefits, including access to several no- or low-cost health insurance plans, three weeks of annual leave and five personal days, all observed Federal holidays, 8 percent salary contribution to a 401(k) plan after 6 months of employment, commuter allowance, flexible work hours, telecommuting once/week after 3 months of employment, a great team and a collegial working environment. We are a pro-choice organization and an equal opportunity employer.
If you have a passion for assisting others, are extremely detail-oriented and organized, can work independently and can handle multiple projects with competing priorities at a time, have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues on the spot, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you! Interested candidates should send a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and their qualifications, together with resume and at least 3 current professional references. Deadline is October 27, 2019. No phone calls please.
About the Job
The Membership and Exhibits Support Coordinator for the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine is responsible for supporting the Director of Member Services and Strategic Partnerships in all routine Membership activities maintaining the highest level of customer service while performing daily membership tasks: Recruitment and retention, member services and engagement, oversight of the membership database and growing dues revenue. Other duties include tracking membership statistics, fulfilling product orders, running membership reports, responding to member requests and light website maintenance.
This role also provides outreach, marketing and collateral materials for SMFM exhibitors and sponsors and assists in developing exhibit and sponsorship opportunities at the direction of the Chief Relationship Officer.
· Processes new memberships and provide welcome and onboarding materials to new members.
· Updates member records with new information received from or about members.
· Maintains the integrity of the membership database; ensures it is current and collaborates with the Association Management System (AMS) developer on custom upgrades and functionality.
· Makes minor updates to member related web pages as necessary
· Improves membership recruitment and retention, processes membership renewals and fulfills membership orders.
· Inputs data (new member applications, renewals, changes to member records, subscriptions, processes online and mail applications) into membership database, ensuring that the system is accurate and current.
· Answers inquiries by e-mail, regular mail and telephone, providing timely follow-up as necessary and logging calls from response to resolution.
· Handles appropriate administrative duties for the department to include filing and follow-up with communications to members, including generating and sending individual invoices as needed.
· Fulfills orders for products, member lists, job postings and reports; liaises with the Journal editor on orders and renewals.
· Coordinates with the Director of Communications and other staff on member communications across a variety of platforms including e-mail, text and mailers to build awareness among members regarding new and existing member benefits and resources to support member satisfaction and engagement efforts.
· Researches and recommends new initiatives to increase the value of SMFM membership.
· Supports activities of the SMFM Online Communities and Mentor Match programs.
· Keeps up with industry best practices by participation in ASAE or other association forums.
· Implements and reports on membership satisfaction surveys to uncover gaps in offerings, identify trends and make recommendations for products and services for members.
· Acts as secondary, and in some instances primary, staff liaison support for to the Membership, Bylaws and Credentials Committee, Fellowship Affairs Committee, Global Health Committee and the International Membership Task Force.
· Schedules committee conference calls.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Assists with data entry of exhibit applications, sponsorship applications, booth assignments and invoices.
· Act as main support for exhibitors at the Annual Meeting and postgraduate courses working collaboratively with the CRO:
· Adds new companies to exhibitor prospect database.
· Enter paper applications into online exhibit database and process payments.
· Respond to routine inquiries regarding exhibitor information in a timely fashion.
· Add exhibiting companies to meeting management system.
· Set-up, test and create instructions for exhibitor registration.
· Write and send communications and follow-up correspondence on exhibitor registration.
· Enter exhibitor registrations for those that do not self-register.
· Respond to In Conjunction With (ICW) meeting requests, applications and payments and follow-up with hotel to close the loop on ICWs.
· Monitor sponsored lunches process to ensure sponsors have submitted all materials by deadlines to Program Committee for review.
· Respond to requests for bag insert and mobile app sponsorships and process sponsorships including payment, reviewing inserts/ads and ensuring that bag inserts and mobile app ads appear in meeting materials.
· Respond to requests for complimentary registration or member mailing lists and review mailers for appropriates.
· Proof exhibitor/sponsor meeting signage and exhibitor/sponsor signage in meeting program. Responds to exhibitor requests for complimentary mailing lists following established procedure.
· Collates exhibitor descriptions for the acknowledgement section of the meeting program book.
· Serves as a secondary contact for official exhibit contractors (i.e., installation/dismantle, florist, and security companies).
· Composes correspondence relating to exhibit approvals, denials, requests for additional information on SMFM procedures and the exhibitor registration process.
· Provides onsite exhibits management assistance.
· Provides general exhibit and sponsorship administrative support.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
· Skilled at establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with members and staff.
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Experience with database management, association management systems (AMS) and light website maintenance/updates.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
· Knowledge of social media platforms.
· Ability to work well on your own, troubleshoot and resolve issues independently.
· Ability to prioritize inquiries and requests.
· Strong team player; conducts and maintains collegial relationship with staff and members; has positive, “can-do” attitude and is flexible.
· High levels of intellectual curiosity, adaptability and emotional intelligence.
· Critical thinker with a strong work ethic, high level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to travel up to 4 meetings per year or as needed.