Department: Product & Engineering
Reports To: Principal SRE
Yardstik is a start-up software company with a mission of building trust and safety into the Internet Economy. The world of background screening, certification, and training has lacked innovation and we’re here to change that for our customers. Our enterprise-class technology allows us to provide a right-fit solution for our customers realistic for any platform, in any industry. Join us in our efforts to protect organizations and their people.
We are adding an Automation Engineer (DevOps) to our Engineering team. You will collaborate to determine the best automation strategies for various business and engineering needs, including CI/CD, QA, Load Testing, RPA, Chat Bots, and other automation to improve speed and reliability at Yardstik.
You’re the right candidate if you’re a forward-thinking engineer with the ability to solve the problems of today, with a plan and focus on compatibility with our platform’s future roadmap. You are an out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious and possesses strong leadership skills. You are an entrepreneurial, high-focused individual who can efficiently function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment with a growth mindset. You want to hit the ground running, produce results, and avoid being slowed by ambiguity. If this sounds like you, please read on.
This is a unique opportunity to join the company at an early stage and we are looking for someone who wants to evolve with us. We are honored to have recently been named as a Best Place to Work and have also received Minne Inno’s Fire Award in the “Growing” category. Come be part of our amazing culture and join an environment where you can see and feel the impact of your work every day.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Automate business tasks
- Enhance CI/CD pipelines
- Provide sustainable automated testing capabilities
- Engineering Support of Platform & Applications with on-call rotation
- Participate as member of the Engineering Team within an agile approach
What you will do in this role
- Work with dev team assisting in delivery of features and code
- Work with Cloud Engineers to automate various functions
- Write automation against Yardstik APIs to load test applications
- Be able to troubleshoot and solve problems in a timely and respectful manner
- Have a burning desire to automate all manual processes
Your experience might look something like this:
- 5+ years in a Software Engineer or DevOps Role
- 2+ years of experience working in AWS (GCP a plus)
- Experience with modern API’s (REST, GraphQL, gRPC)
- Experience doing automated End-to-End testing
- Experience with Chat Bot’s and Natural Language Processing
- Expertise with using git-based source control
- Experience with various testing frameworks (Selenium, Unittest, Cypress, etc)
- Experience with Git, GitOps, and CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable working with Linux, Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Familiarity with Robotic Process Automation