Job Title: Digital Fundraising Strategist
Category: Full-time; Exempt
Reports Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Remote (HQ in Kansas City, MO)
The PKD Foundation is the only organization in the U.S. solely dedicated to finding treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and to improving the lives of those it affects. Since 1982, we have proudly funded $50 million in PKD research and leveraged in government funding, while serving our local communities across the country. We are inspired by our mission. And driven by our vision. Our vision is to #endPKD.
The Digital Fundraising Strategist manages and oversees the growth of digital fundraising initiatives by implementing strategies, tactics, and techniques across digital channels. Responsible for the end-to-end supporter journey and experience, this role will help develop landing pages, email journeys, social content, and ads to achieve fundraising goals, engage existing supporters, and attract new supporters, with a focus on acquisition of new consistent online donors. The Strategist will provide coordinated leadership of digital fundraising and engagement activities as well as develop and implement marketing strategies to support fundraising across the organization.
- Strategize, design, manage, and achieve fundraising goals for PKDF digital fundraising activities. Responsibilities Giving Tuesday, monthly giving, car donation program, and other digital fundraising campaigns.
- In partnership with the Marketing department, execute the Foundation’s social media fundraising strategies, including drafting and posting items on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms. Track and report on digital fundraising results across all channels. Maintain dashboards and pull analytics reports for online appeals, web traffic, and social media. Maintain email analytics and provide recommendations for future email appeals.
- Develop supporter journey strategies to deepen the engagement with PKDF campaigns, leading to consistent donor giving and engagement.
- Provide direction and feedback to outside creative vendors for digital campaigns (email, SEO, display ads, and social media). Create online engagement and stewardship opportunities.
- Manage and implement a robust testing plan to build a data driven drip campaigns when applicable. Proof, test, schedule, and track email sends for all digital fundraising initiatives.
- Manage the Foundation’s email list health and bounces to ensure list hygiene and sender reputation. Manage and build a segmentation strategy.
- Develop an online list growth plan to acquire new email addresses.
- Oversee fundraising pages on the Foundation’s public website and donation forms to ensure functionality. Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Maintain photo and graphics library and creative production file.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of relevant digital fundraising experience and the ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to detail.
- Strong interest in digital marketing and fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Experience with list selection, segmentation, and hygiene.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience publishing content, engaging audiences, and tracking results across social media platforms, including ad buys
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse range of partners and peers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and peer to peer fundraising software.
- Familiarity with using CMS systems (WordPress preferred) and files produced in Adobe Creative suite and Canva.
- Proficiency with CRM software such as Salesforce and its digital communication applications.
- Familiarity with HTML. Familiarity with CSS a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- Ability to collaborate effectively among highly diverse (geographically & professionally) .
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously required.
- Must be comfortable working in variety of work teams and applying marketing and communications skills to organizational initiatives.
- Must be timely in meeting all project-based goals and anticipate challenges.
Less than 5%.
Occasional business travel will be required to the PKD Foundation office in Kansas City, Missouri. Employees residing outside of the Kansas City Metro must live within reasonable proximity to a major airport hub for required travel.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Use hands and arms, read, stoop, crouch, talk, hear, see objects clearly at 20 inches or less.
- Lift and move items weighing up to 20 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience), in addition to a benefits package including:
- Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000 depending on relevant experience
- paid medical benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision for .
- Employer funded HSA (for those who elect a HDHP)
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with 12% employer contribution, no match required, after six months of continuous service
- 11+ paid Holidays and 20 PTO days per year
- Remote work environment, with collaborative business center available to employees local to the Kansas City metro area as needed.
*Benefits are subject to board review annually and may change.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, PKDF provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Multiple factors may be used to determine your actual salary, including: your specific skills and experience, physical location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets. The anticipated pay range for this role is: $55,000-$65,000 per year.
The PKD Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a work environment where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, veteran status, cultures, beliefs or any other status protected by law.