Chief Growth Officer
The PKD Foundation seeks a Chief Growth Officer to lead the organization’s growth strategy to align to the 5-year strategic plan. Reporting directly to the President and CEO, this leader will be responsible for all revenue generating activities, community engagement, and marketing initiatives, a team of 16 staff (including 7 direct reports) and serve as a strategic thought partner to the senior executive team on revenue development and organizational growth. The CGO’s peers are the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Chief Research Officer (CRO). Direct reports include VP Community Development, who oversees a team of nine, four gift officers, and a prospect management director. The foundation also uses multiple vendors to assist in major gift and planned giving work.
With an expectation to build and execute an integrated revenue plan that aligns to a comprehensive direct campaign as well as a larger marketing strategy to deliver growth in the mass, mid, and major giving levels, The Chief Growth Officer must be someone with a growth mindset and an appetite for taking thoughtful, strategic risks. They must be able to develop strategies to cultivate funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, events, and more and will be counted on to engage with,motivate, and inspire the staff and volunteer to achieve ambitious goals.
In their role overseeing community-based fundraising, community engagement, individual giving,and marketing, the Chief Growth Officer will work to increase the public’s awareness of PKD Foundation, outreach to new constituents, and analyze new avenues for fund development for significant growth year over year through strategic fundraising leadership, donor cultivation and effective management.
It is critical that this leader is a collaborative, inspiring individual who can bring people and departments together to build upon the organization’s recent momentum.
- Senior strategist responsible for the creation and execution of an integrated multi-year, multi-source strategic growth plan and continue to expand and diversify PKDF’s revenue streams by implementing innovative strategies.
- Oversee marketing strategies to heighten the organization’s profile and align community engagement and volunteer programs with the organization's long-term growth goals.
- Create and manage a strategy for fundraising and marketing data and analytics that proactively enables more informed business decision-making regarding ROI; establish analytics and reporting to support organizational fundraising and outreach goals each year during strategic planning and through year-round program management.
- Lead a strong, highly motivated team; build and continually foster an inclusive environment where team members can thrive and grow professionally.
- Ensure effective internal communications and collaboration across teams to optimize productivity and further goals of the of team and the organization.
- Enhance communication and maintain strong working relationships with current donors.
- Create and implement a stewardship and development plan for the Board of Directors to create a culture of philanthropy.
- In partnership with the President/CEO and COO, support the identification, recruitment, and on-boarding cultivation of new volunteer leaders.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO, COO and finance team in the preparation of annual operating plans and budgets, incorporating various fundraising projections into the budget of the organization.
- 10+ years of experience leading fundraising, marketing, communications, and/or community engagement teams in complex, matrixed organizations; at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven success managing collaborative cross-functional matrix teams of 10 staff or more.
- Experience setting, leading, and executing an organizational growth strategy.
- Accomplished mission- and metrics-driven leader who approaches revenue development with a strategic, data-driven lens.
- An inspiring manager, coach, and mentor who has mobilized and led high-performing teams, especially while pivoting in response to opportunities.
- Capable and strategic leader who can assess opportunities and threats and anticipate issues and challenges.
- Responsibility managing the budget for all organizational Revenue and Marketing activities. All fiscal information will be managed with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to organize, delegate, and manage a wide variety of programs and business aspects in a fast-paced environment through a solutions-focused lens.
- Have a learning attitude and natural curiosity for how things work, with a desire to improve processes and procedures without judgment for how things were done in the past.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders, including staff, leadership, board of directors,volunteers and donors, corporate and philanthropic partners, and more.
- Lead by example in action, principle, and tone. Be present and visible in the community.
- An undergraduate degree is required, and an advanced degree will be viewed favorably.
Occasional business travel will be required to the PKD Foundation office in Kansas City, Missouri as well as to the communities served. Employees must live within reasonable proximity to a major airport hub for required travel.
Executive Benefits Package: *
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience), in addition to a benefits package including:
- Employer paid medical benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision for individual plus spouse/family.
- Employer fully funded HSA to max allowed.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with 12% employer contribution, no match required, after six months of continuous service.
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- 11+ paid Holidays and 30 PTO days per year
- Remote work environment, with collaborative business center available to employees local to the Kansas City metro area as needed.
*Benefits are subject to board review annually and may change.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, PKDF provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Multiple factors may be used to determine your actual salary, including: your specific skills and experience, physical location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets. The anticipated pay range for this role is: $170,000 to $200,000 annually, bonus eligible.
The PKD Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a work environment where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, veteran status, cultures, beliefs or any other status protected by law.
PKD Foundation is managing the search for the Chief Growth Officer internally. Inquiries, nominations, and applications (current resumes and cover letters) may be submitted via the following link or directed to the search team – https://app.trinethire.com/confidential/jobs/76960-chief-growth-officer.
Mandi Chappell (she/her/hers)
Director of Administration, PKD Foundation
816.268.8476 | firstname.lastname@example.org