Reporting directly to the Program Director, the Community Health Worker is responsible for conducting outreach and engagement to identified target populations and communities for Horizons Community Solutions, South Georgia's Cancer Coalition. The Community Health Worker will educate individuals, focusing on cancer screenings, COVID-19, tobacco use prevention, nutrition and physical activity. The position is located at Horizons’ office in Albany, GA, but the Community Health Worker role may involve frequent travel within Horizons’ service area.
Outreach and Engagement – using the tools and methods provided by Horizons:
- Conduct one-on-one and small group education to educate individuals on cancer prevention and screenings, COVID-19, tobacco use prevention, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Educate individuals about the programs offered by Horizons.
- Represent Horizons at community health fairs, community events, churches, and other events.
- Contact patients about their need for preventative health checkups/screenings as well as establishing or re-establishing care.
Other Projects and Responsibilities
may be added at the Program Director’s discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Preferred Minimum Experience:
- Active member and/or strong ties to one or more of the following counties: Baker County, Dougherty County, Mitchell County, Terrell County, and Worth County.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Please Note: Horizons
Community Solutions reserves the right to change or modify job duties and
assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing.
Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.