Reporting directly to the CEO, the Events Coordinator is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of fundraising events for Horizons Community Solutions, formerly called the Cancer Coalition of South Georgia. Incorporated in 2002, Horizons is a rapidly growing, nationally-recognized nonprofit organization. The Events Coordinator plans, conducts, manages and follows up on at least four (4) major events each year, including recruiting and managing volunteers and soliciting business sponsorships. Events are typically held annually in Albany, Americus, Tifton, Valdosta and other South Georgia communities. In addition, the Events Coordinator works with third parties, such as community groups and schools, to enlist them in raising funds for Horizons. The Events Coordinator also performs other fundraising activities including, but not limited to, representing Horizons to civic organizations, businesses and the media. The position is located at Horizons’ main office in Albany, Georgia, but the Events Coordinator role involves regular travel throughout Horizons’ 32-county service area.
- Fundraising Campaign Management
- Plan, organize and coordinate all logistics, sponsorships and other support, auction donations, honoree and guests, volunteer support, and other activities for at least four (4) major fundraising events each year, and successfully conduct the events.
- Use database/electronic software systems to document, track and prepare reports on progress and outcomes of all fundraising events.
- Perform other fundraising activities.
- Donor Solicitation
- Identify and cultivate potential corporate and other sponsors/donors to support events, and solicit financial and in-kind support.
- Document, monitor and report on progress of donor solicitation using database/electronic software systems as well as via ongoing communication with Horizons CEO.
- Act as a spokesperson, as requested, to various community groups as well as to the media and the general public.
- Identify and enlist third parties across the region - such as schools, churches, professional associations, civic organizations and others - to raise funds for Horizons.
- Volunteer Management
- Recruit, manage and retain a network of volunteers in multiple communities.
- Train volunteers to assist with fundraising events.
- Other Projects and Responsibilities may be added at the CEO’s discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Highly preferred); In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, an Associate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- 1-2 years Event Planning (Preferred)
- 1-2 years Fundraising (Preferred)
- 1-2 years Non-profit Volunteer Management (Preferred)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple and competing tasks
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, continually changing environment while managing multiple deadlines and demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an enthusiastic demeanor and the ability to build relationships with diverse individuals
- Able and willing to give presentations and represent the organization to varied groups
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment/Other Information
- Weekly travel required; must have reliable personal vehicle as well as be able to rent vehicles
- Occasionally lift/carry 10 lbs, and with assistance, lift/carry 20 lbs
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.