Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is responsible for prioritizing and performing a wide range of clerical and administrative duties of a responsible and confidential nature for Horizons Community Solutions. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with professionalism and confidentiality. Incorporated in 2002, Horizons is a rapidly growing, nationally recognized nonprofit organization. Duties support the Horizons CEO. The position is located at Horizons' office in Albany, Georgia.
- Develops and maintains an organized and efficient filing system for the organization for all important documents.
- Provides back-up to Horizons main phone line when needed.
- Enters and updates data into electronic databases/systems, such as the donor management database.
- Maintains and disseminates accurate contact information of external individuals, including board members, partners, businesses, and others.
- Prepares data reports for CEO in Apricot, Donor Perfect, and others as needed.
Management and Operational Support
- Coordinates meetings, including communication to all appropriate parties via Outlook calendar invites, phone calls and emails; locates and reserves meeting space and conference phone as needed; and prepares and/or assembles information, supplies, refreshments, and all else needed to ensure professional, well organized meetings.
- Organizes and maintains CEO's electronic files and calendar, ensures quick and ready access of all documents, provides calendar management by prioritizing inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts, make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day schedule.
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks that facilitate CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization. Including, assisting with special projects, designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and others outside the organization, composing and preparing correspondence, maintaining accurate contacts, making travel arrangements and completing mileage and expense reports.
- Exercise various degrees of discretion and judgement with sensitive information and matters.
- Assists with preparation, implementation and follow-up of fundraising and other Horizons' events, including occasional evening and weekend events.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, following through, and handling issues in a timely manner.
- Prepares Horizons' Board communication including invitations, reports, minutes, meeting notices, and other communication as needed. Arranges for all logistics for board meetings, takes minutes, prepares board packets, and keeps all board records up to date.
Other Projects and Responsibilities may be added at the CEO's discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED (required); Associate Degree (preferred)
Experience: 3 - 5 years Administrative Support (required)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple and competing tasks
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, continually changing environment while managing multiple deadlines and demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an enthusiastic demeanor and the ability to build relationships with diverse individuals
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Ability to write professional correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment/Other Information
- Works in a well-lighted, temperature controlled area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Period of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May occasionally be required to work overtime.
- Weekly local travel required; must have reliable personal vehicle and a safe driving record, and be eligible to rent vehicles for out-of-town travel (at Horizons' expense).
- May occasionally be required to lift/carry 10 lbs., and with assistance, lift/carry 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.