To lead and coordinate the GCRCCP assessment and implementation at multiple clinics. Implementation will include oversite of data collection, quality improvement, EBIs ( Evidence Based Initiatives), navigation, and other components that insure a complete and successful evaluation.
- Facilitate engagement with participating clinics throughout the project period collaboratively with the implementation and project leadership teams
- Participate in training on data collection, submission, reporting, and data quality procedures
- Participate in training on implementation procedures for colorectal cancer screening EBIs (complete refresher modules yearly for both trainings)
- Complete clinic implementation readiness assessment with the I-MET
- Organize and conduct visits at each clinic and visits thereafter - collaboratively with implementation team and I-MET
- Coordinate with Data Manager to submit data at scheduled times. Tools to be completed with respective clinic staff (leadership and clinicians) will include: a stakeholder engagement tool, clinic readiness assessment tool, CRCCP form (6-months into PY1), annual data form (PY2-PY5), and a sustainability form.
- Coordinate manual chart reviews on a quarterly basis with the clinics to validate colorectal screening data automatically generated from electronic health records. Clinic Liaisons will provide the raw data (numerators and denominators) to Data Manager.
- Participate in a 'mock' data reporting exercise prior to implementation to identify challenges at each clinic and address any identified concerns.
- Identify barriers to and assist with implementation of evidenced based interventions (EBIs) for colorectal cancer screening at each clinic in collaboration with the implementation team and patient navigators.
- Participate in semi-structured interviews to elicit their experience with implementation and data collection activities.
- Meet regularly with clinic staff to evaluate implemented EBI status at each clinic.
- Coordinate with health IT at each clinic to implement patient and provider reminders or modify EHR as needed.
- Identify and coordinate additional training needs for staff for implementation of EBI's project implementation team - Horizons.
- Coordinate with Horizons to provide adequate promotional/educational material for colorectal cancer screening.
- Coordinate with clinic patient navigators (PNs), community health workers (CHWs), and project implementation to address barriers to screening experienced by the patients.
- Attend quarterly clinic liaison training/meetings with Horizons.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Master's degree required.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years regular work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an enthusiastic demeanor and the ability to build relationships with diverse individuals, including health care professionals, executives, community leaders, volunteers, patients/families, and the general public
- Acute sensitivity toward diverse populations and individuals, and keen interpersonal insight; respect for and the ability to work with members of varied races and ethnicities, cultures, socioeconomic statuses, ages, genders/sexuality, and spiritual beliefs
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple and competing tasks
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, continually changing environment while managing multiple deadlines and demands
- Ability to learn organizational processes and interface with others in both clinical and community settings
- Proven knowledge of and adherence to appropriate handling of confidential information, including protected health information, in both clinical and research settings·
- Familiarity with clinical processes and electronical medical records systems
- Able and willing to give engaging presentations and represent the organization to varied groups
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with or willingness to learn software programs and/or databases that support and evaluate programs.
Work Environment/Other Information
- Works in a well-lighted, temperature controlled area, with moderate noise levels
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Period of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- Frequent travel required within southwest and southeast Georgia; must have reliable personal vehicle and a safe driving record, and be eligible to rent vehicles for out-of-town travel (at Horizons' expense).
- May occasionally be required to lift/carry 10 lbs., and with assistance, lift/carry 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.