Snappy Kraken is the marketing program leader in the financial services industry and voted Best Place to Work in FinTech for 3-years in a row. Our Automated Growth Program helps transform financial advisory businesses through purpose-driven content, easy automation, and world-class support. Our culture is intentionally designed to bring out the best in each team member so that we can continually achieve our growth and revenue potential. Every new person we add to our team helps raise the bar of what we can accomplish together. How can you contribute?
The Purpose of This Role
Develop high-quality automated and interactive campaigns to live and launch from the Snappy Kraken platform (many of these campaigns launch in monthly cycles), as well as support Snappy Kraken's efforts within the area of front-end development.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
The primary function of this role is to oversee all development output for the Design Department. This includes:
- Collaborate with designers, other developers, and members of the content and marketing teams to innovate new features and improve upon our current product templates.
- Responsible for ensuring all of our campaigns function smoothly on our platform for our end users, by working with the QA team to continually improve our product testing processes to streamline edits.
- Mentor other developers that work under you, and assist them as they grow their skills in various areas of programming.
- Code new products and/or infuse existing templated campaigns with more advanced features (interactive quizzes, web animations, keeping current best UX practices in mind).
- Keep skills and expertise up to date with the ever-evolving landscape of frontend development and design.
- Serve as point-person for internal frontend dev. work
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in front-end development
- Experience with indirect reports.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, testing & debugging skills.
- Must be adept in web technologies like Bootstrap, jQuery, and Vue.js
- COMPLETION OF A SENIOR DEV TEST WILL BE REQUIRED
- Clear and attentive communicator (familiarity with Slack and/or Asana is a plus), and be available for some weekly and as-needed zoom meetings.
- Experience dealing with a monthly production calendar
- Able to work collaboratively on a team as well as be self-driven when working on projects requiring solo-focus.
- Must be flexible. We are extremely deadline-driven, but also our team must be agile when priorities shift or special projects are added to the calendar.
Essential Qualities for Remote Team Members
Having a distributed team allows us to do great work with amazing people, who not only deliver tons of value, but who also find the process itself deeply satisfying. Remote team members have the freedom to choose their place to work. The key to success is making good things happen consistently as a leader in your area of expertise. There must be mutual trust among team members to get work done right and on time. The ideal candidate will have successful experience producing in a virtual environment and these natural characteristics:
- Productive working independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and stay organized
- Attentive to the internal organizational structure
- Computer literate and tech-savvy
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing
- Emotional intelligence
- Achieve and own results of your work
Working remotely for Snappy Kraken requires that each team member independently obtains and maintains their own proper working environment, fully equipped with all needed furniture and supplies, including but not limited to stable high-speed internet. The chosen work environment must be clean and free of distractions or noises that may inhibit the ability to provide the functions described in this job description.
New hires must complete a 90-day probationary period. During this time, a new hire will receive training to help them get acquainted with the role, our culture, and learn how to properly execute job functions. An employment relationship may continue if it’s a good fit for everyone, based on the new hire’s alignment with Snappy Kraken values, performance evaluation of specific milestones, accessibility, and communication.
As a remote company, it is critical to remember that our contributions and teams are interconnected and accessibility is the expectation. Availability during standard East Coast business hours, or as scheduled, for client inquiries, team calls, and video chats is expected.
We believe every team member of Snappy Kraken can reach their maximum potential. We are intent on alignment around Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs), addressing obstacles and opportunities openly and honestly, and regular reporting and tracking of development. Continuously refining values, skills, and knowledge is fundamental to future growth opportunities.
About Snappy Kraken
Snappy Kraken is a transformative Automated Growth Program for financial advisors, built on the exclusive Cold to Gold framework. Advisors take what they’re already naturally good at online with the content, automation, and support they need to GROW!
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD available after 90 days with employer premium contribution
- 401k with company match available after 6 months
- PTO and paid holidays
- Annual education stipend
- More perks & benefits
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.