Who We Are:
Elenion Technologies is driving innovation in silicon photonics, an emerging technology poised to significantly increase performance and reduce costs of optical systems. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Jose, California and Munich, Germany.
After pursuing a path of intensely focused research and development for two years in stealth-mode, Elenion recently unveiled itself to the world and has assembled a world-class team of multi-disciplinary experts. Members of our leadership team have built and sold several companies, published papers in the top scientific journals in the world, raised hundreds of millions of dollars of venture capital, and have built products and deployed them to the market. The technical team includes world leaders in our space, and many members are PhD scientists and engineers from the top schools in the world, such as MIT, Caltech, UChicago, and Columbia.
Elenion is developing next-generation photonic integrated circuit technologies and solutions for a broad range of datacom and telecom applications. It is almost certain that, as you read this web page, the data traveling from the server to your computer or phone went through hardware that someone on our team designed, built, or deployed.
This team builds the hardware at the heart of the internet. We think that’s cool. Hopefully, you do too.
We are searching for a part-time technical writer / digital librarian to help drive our success in developing world-class optical technologies. This position is based at our headquarters in midtown Manhattan, on Madison Avenue, where the incumbent will collaborate with a large team of highly technical personnel – physicists, engineers, programmers, etc. This is a part-time role for now (12-15 hours/week), potentially ramping up into full-time in the future.
We require someone who can identify what needs to be done with limited direct supervision, then prioritize and execute. As the organization grows there will be multiple opportunities for professional growth and career development, in any of several different directions.
The ideal candidate will be extremely familiar and comfortable with computers, including advanced skills in Word. We do not necessarily expect the successful candidate to be familiar with our specific databases and collaboration tools (Arena, Confluence, Jira, etc.), but we do need someone who is very quick to learn new software packages and online databases. We do not require an IT person or computer admin in this role – IT support and setup of the databases is handled elsewhere. The incumbent must be able to learn new tools quickly. We’re looking for someone who is first and foremost smart, easy to work with, and an excellent communicator both in writing and verbally.
· Lead collaborative projects such as development of white papers, and new engineering documentation, working closely with cross-disciplinary teams of scientists and engineers.
· Manage the complete documentation lifecycle. This includes responding to new document requests from different departments, creating work-flows for approval, routing the documents for approval and integrating inputs. Once approved, you’ll archive and internally advertise document accessibility to the teams.
· Work within a digital document archive system to ensure that company documents are up-to-date and appropriately cross-referenced.
· Proof public corporate text for grammar, including websites, product brochures, white papers, etc.
· Collaborate with technical colleagues to ensure that documents are clearly and correctly written.
· Manage and organize version control of documents.
· Ensure that the proper documents appear in supplier and customer portals (access control).
· Experience as a professional editor or writer.
· Advanced Microsoft Word skills; particularly regarding document collaboration and review features.
· Highly analytical, organized and detail-oriented.
· Computer savvy, with the ability to learn new software tools quickly.
· Technical writing experience is a significant asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.