At AC Wellness, our entire focus is to deliver compassionate, effective healthcare to the Apple employee population. We believe that trusting, accessible relationships with our patients, enabled by technology, promotes high quality care and a great patient experience. This is fostered by an environment of continuous learning and teamwork, which in turn allows us to work with our patients to achieve exceptional health outcomes.
The Exercise Specialist works in direct partnership with the primary care team to help patients improve health and wellness through sustainable exercise and physical activity-related behavior change. The Exercise Specialist will conduct advanced fitness assessments and create individualized fitness prescriptions to guide and strengthen the lifestyles of patients who are healthy and those with cardiovascular, pulmonary, and metabolic diseases and disorders. The Exercise Specialist will utilize skills from the coaching and education disciplines to help patients improve awareness, skills, confidence, and motivation to reach their goals.
This role will be on a 4x10 shift from 7:30am-6:30pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as an expert exercise consultant for primary care patients
- Applies and interprets tools for clinical assessment (e.g., sphygmomanometry, ECGs, auscultation, telemetry, oximetry)
- Creates personalized and detailed fitness prescriptions based on assessment findings
- Translates scientific language and concepts into understandable information for patients
- Consults with primary care physician and care team to promote and integrate high quality, patient-centered care
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology
- Certified American College of Sports Medicine Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP)
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing exercise programs
- Current America Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- EKG experience preferred
- Compliance with AC Wellness Occupational Health Policy, including required immunizations