The AC Wellness Network is group of providers whose entire focus is to deliver compassionate, effective healthcare to the Apple employee population. We believe that trusting accessible relationships with our patients, enabled by technology, promotes high quality care and a great patient experience. This is fostered by an environment of continuous learning and teamwork, which in turn allows us to work with our patients to achieve exceptional health outcomes.
The Nurse Practitioner functions as an independent practitioner to provide routine care and management of the patient with acute and chronic complaints, in collaboration with the supervising physician. This role provides primary health care, episodic, and preventive care to patients. An emphasis on patient-centered care with a high-touch/concierge-like approach is essential to how care is delivered. The Nurse Practitioner will demonstrate comfort and enthusiasm for new methods of care delivery using technology.
This position can be either shift below:
4x10 : Monday-Friday from 8am-6:30pm, with one weekday off
5x8: Monday through Friday from 8am-4:30pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluates and treats patients with acute, chronic complaints and health maintenance concerns per written standardized procedures.
- Obtains complete histories and performs pertinent physical exams with assessment of normal and abnormal findings on new and return patients.
- Performs or requests and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated upon evaluation of the patient.
- Administers, orders, furnishes and prescribes medications.
- Orders and collects specimens for routine laboratory tests, screening procedures and therapeutic procedures, including blood and blood products.
- Orders physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, radiology examinations and nursing services.
- Obtains informed consent, as indicated.
- Recognizes and considers age-specific needs of patients.
- Acts as a patient advocate for employees and family members in times of crisis and is proactive in assisting patients find care both internally in the wellness center and externally for services not offered within the wellness center.
- Focuses on quality of care and the patient experience including timeliness and effective communication.
- Engage patients and practice medicine through telemedicine, as needed.
- Collaborates with team members to develop practice guidelines and to further develop operational workflows in the clinic as it grows.
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years of Primary Care experience required. Experience with women's health is a plus.
- Strong triage skills a plus.
- Current Certification Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. ACLS certification is desired.
- Education: Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university is required.
- License/Certification: CA Registered Nurse (RN), required.
- License/Certification: Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a nationally recognized nursing organization (e.g., American Academy of Nurse Practitioners-AANP, American Nurses Credentialing Center-ANCC, or any successor organizations), required.
- License/Certification: DEA - DEA Number from the US Drug Enforcement Administration, required. Comfortable with change and willingness to work in a non-traditional practice model.
- Comfortable with change and willingness to work in a non-traditional practice model.
- Must be flexible with regard to physician practice models and clinic schedule.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order.