The AC Wellness Network is group of providers whose entire focus is to deliver compassionate, effective healthcare to the Apple employee population. We believe that trusting accessible relationships with our patients, enabled by technology, promotes high quality care and a great patient experience. This is fostered by an environment of continuous learning and teamwork, which in turn allows us to work with our patients to achieve exceptional health outcomes.
The Nurse Practitioner for Research Projects functions as an independent practitioner in support of research projects within the medical group and in collaboration with outside partners. This role provides routine care and oversees subject visits for research. The Nurse Practitioner for Research Projects will demonstrate comfort and enthusiasm for new methods of care delivery using technology while following policies outlining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
Looking for someone for a per diem contract (up to 24 hours/week) to support this project. We would like this person to work an 8 hour shift, 1-3 times per week. The days are flexible based on the study team requests and can vary from week to week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluates and treats subjects per projects guidelines and applicable standardized procedures.
- Obtains complete histories and performs pertinent physical exams with assessment of normal and abnormal findings on new and returning participants.
- Performs or requests and evaluates diagnostic studies per project guidelines.
- Administers, orders, furnishes and prescribes medications, per project guidelines.
- Orders and collects specimens for routine laboratory tests, screening procedures and therapeutic procedures, including blood and blood products.
- Obtains informed consent, as indicated.
- Recognizes and considers age-specific needs of subjects.
- Focuses on quality of care and the participant experience including timeliness and effective communication.
- Engage participants and practice medicine through telemedicine, as needed.
- Collaborates with team members to develop project guidelines and operational workflows, as needed.
- Participates in planning and training, as assigned.
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years of clinical experience required.
- Experience in real-time monitoring (ICU, stress tests etc.) a plus.
- Experience in conducting and/or monitoring research studies a plus.
- Current Certification Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. ACLS certification is desired.
- Education: Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university is required.
- License/Certification: CA Registered Nurse (RN), required.
- License/Certification: Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a nationally recognized nursing organization (e.g., American Academy of Nurse Practitioners-AANP, American Nurses Credentialing Center-ANCC, or any successor organizations), required.
- License/Certification required for direct patient care roles: DEA - DEA Number from the US Drug Enforcement Administration, required.
- Comfortable with change and willingness to work in a non-traditional practice model.
- Must be flexible with regard to physician practice models and clinic schedule.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order.