JOB SUMMARY & DESCRIPTION
AC Wellness is an independent medical practice exclusively dedicated to delivering compassionate, effective healthcare to the Apple employee population at the Apple Wellness Centers in Santa Clara Valley, including the new Apple Park Wellness Center. AC Wellness believes that having trusting, accessible relationships with our patients, enabled by technology, promotes high-quality care and a unique patient experience. This is fostered by an environment of continuous learning and teamwork, which in turn allows us to work with our patients to achieve exceptional health outcomes. The centers offer a unique concierge-like healthcare experience for employees and their dependents. Candidates must have an appreciation for the patient experience and passion for wellness and population health — integrating best clinical practices and technology in a manner that drives patient engagement.
The Medical Assistant works within the care team to create a frictionless experience for patients of the Wellness Center. The Medical Assistant assists the care team in coordinating patient care and the flow of patients throughout the clinic.
This is a per diem role and shifts will be scheduled on an as-needed basis. The hours of operation are Mon-Fri from 8am-8pm and Sat from 8am-5pm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & SKILLS
- Assesses patient's general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Perform blood draws competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Records tests and examination results in patient's chart.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related messages and calls.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Schedule referrals and tests.
- Perform other related duties as directed or required.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma
- Two years of Medical Assistant experience
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited program
- Solid phlebotomy skills are required.