AC Wellness is an independent medical practice exclusively dedicated to delivering compassionate, effective healthcare to the Apple employee population at the Apple Wellness Centers in Santa Clara Valley, including the new Apple Park Wellness Center. AC Wellness believes that having trusting, accessible relationships with our patients, enabled by technology, promotes high-quality care and a unique patient experience. This is fostered by an environment of continuous learning and teamwork, which in turn allows us to work with our patients to achieve exceptional health outcomes. The centers offer a unique concierge-like healthcare experience for employees and their dependents. Candidates must have an appreciation for the patient experience and passion for wellness and population health — integrating best clinical practices and technology in a manner that drives patient engagement.
- Bachelors degree AND 2+ years of relevant experience in health education, health promotion, public health or related field
- Thorough knowledge of health behavior and adult learning theories and their application
- Demonstrated experience in nutrition, physical activity, and chronic disease education
- Personal training certification from an NCCA accredited agency strongly preferred
- Current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association
As an integral member of the primary care team, the Health Partner works in direct partnership with the primary care physician to help patients improve their health and wellness through sustainable behavior change. The Health Partner uses a thoughtful and strategic combination of health education, health coaching, and behavioral analysis to help patients overcome barriers such as knowledge gaps, harmful attitudes, environmental constraints, and skill deficits that hinder their potential for improved health and quality of life.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for patients
- Provide one-on-one patient coaching, education, and support through various modes of communication
- Translate scientific language and concepts into understandable information for patients
- Consult with primary care physician and care team to promote and integrate high quality, patient-centered care
- Develop, tailor, and disseminate culturally and linguistically competent health education material
- Link patients with expert consultants when appropriate
- Collect and analyze data for program evaluation
Bachelors degree or higher. Degree concentration in health education, health promotion, public health or related field strongly preferred.