Wellinks is a dynamic, COPD-focused digital health company fueled by a mission to empower people in their pursuit to breathe freely. Wellinks’ lead asset is a digitally enabled and outcomes-driven holistic COPD treatment with a focus on reinventing respiratory care.
Wellinks is hiring a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to lead our virtual medical product, operation, research, clinical process, and quality, and to support the team in commercial engagements. You will provide clinical strategic direction and guide the development and deployment of Wellinks product initiatives and maintain a strong understanding of all clinical workflows for virtual care delivery while advocating for patient-centered culture. You will support the company at client meetings, along with other executives, with senior medical staff by speaking to the clinical benefits of Wellinks. You will have a leadership role in clinical research and development of new product features and offerings for COPD by working collaboratively with our product team.
Leading overall strategy and execution of the clinical programs and serving as medical and clinical liaison to the commercial team.
Manage relationships with clinical advisers, recruit KOLs, and manage a Clinical Advisory Board.
Build and foster working relationships with the scientific and medical communities for strategic consultation, research, publication collaboration, and the advancement of health technology innovation.
Develop and lead operations and strategy for a virtual care delivery service. Support business development and sales teams in the field through interactions with customer medical staff (corporate Medical Directors, Chief Medical Officers, etc.), with a focus on communicating the clinical rigor and impact of Wellinks approach, as well as complex clinical and health-economic data from Wellinks intervention.
Deliver customer insights back to the product, business development, commercial, and research teams to inform future directions, and work collaboratively with the product team to design and implement new features.
Speak and present on behalf of the company at clinical and customer trade conferences.
Act as a key member of the executive leadership team working with all functions on overall corporate strategy, tactical implementation of the strategy, and adding value across the enterprise.
Direct new clinical governance strategies, requiring the demonstration of measurable, data-driven information that allows for advancement of the effectiveness and safety of Wellinks products.
• You are passionate about helping patients with chronic disease, using technology, and have clinical experience and background in clinical informatics, or health care management.
• You have an MD or DO and are board-certified or eligible in family medicine, or internal medicine with +5 years clinical experience managing COPD patients (multiple state licenses highly preferred).
• Experience working cross-functionally (e.g., Business Development, Marketing, Product Development & more).
• Can effectively communicate with the corporate and health plan medical community regarding epidemiological, scientific/medical, and health-economic data.
• Have great written and oral communication skills, the experience of presenting in front of large crowds, and can successfully manage customer relationships.
• You understand the US healthcare system (employers, health plans, risk-bearing provider groups) and the value of digital medicine, using coaches and virtual support.
• Willing to travel as much as 30-40%.
Bonus points if you have:
• MBA from a top-tier program or advanced training or degree in informatics, clinical research, public health, health administration or training in health technology.
• Experience at a SaaS / Health IT company.
• Experience with software or product development and related methodologies (Lean/Agile, Scrum, etc.).
• Leadership experience in a healthcare technology company.
This position is remote, however, you can also work out of our New Haven, CT office.
Convexity Scientific (Wellinks) embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better and more impactful our work will be! Convexity Scientific, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.