Wellinks is a respiratory-focused digital health company fueled by a mission to empower people in their pursuit to breathe freely. Wellinks’ lead asset is a digitally enabled and outcomes-driven holistic virtual care management solution for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), with a focus on reinventing respiratory care. The company’s expertise in COPD innovation began with the development and FDA 510(k) clearance of Flyp Nebulizer, the first truly pocket-portable nebulizer, allowing patients simple, convenient, and connected access to breathing treatments.
Welcome to your health coaching dream job! An opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking team and program launch in one of the most innovative organizations in health and wellness today. You will have the opportunity to connect millions of people living with COPD to the support they need to live healthier lives. If you are passionate about reinventing respiratory care around the people who need it (read: everyone) this one is for you!
You will use your clinical acumen and passion for healthcare to assist Wellinks’ members through personalized virtual coaching within a state-of-the-art digital disease management solution. As our membership grows, you will transition from a front-line coach to the group’s leader – responsible for building out the program to scale, including: hiring, training, and managing a team of coaches.
Role and Responsibilities:
Health Coaching (Respiratory):
- Create wellness visions and high-touch self-care plans to help members maximize their experience in the Wellinks program and to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Provide education on the self-management of diseases, such as COPD, as well as more general health and wellness issues.
- Explore and evaluate participant readiness to progress toward their wellness goals and vision. May include reviewing medical history (medication and adherence, lab results, current and pre-existing health conditions, etc.
- Monitor member data collected in the Wellinks software to assess wellness status, observe trends, and identify needs for case escalation to member’s licensed healthcare professional.
- Assess and note participant progress and status while tracking health data and factors such as behavior changes.
- Continually engaging participants through phone calls, video visits, and in-app messaging to help them implement strategies to meet wellness goals and achieve long-term lifestyle changes.
- Use Wellinks, and 3rd party as-required, software and technology tools with a mastery level.
- Partner with the Wellinks product team by providing feedback on contemplated changes, recommending optimizations to existing software, and pursue continuous improvements.
Talent Acquisition, Training, and Development:
· Lead the identification, engagement, and hiring of health coaches to join the Wellinks team. Includes internal full-time and part-time hires as well as contracted / temporary talent.
· Create a coach training curriculum and develop training and educational materials, working with external experts as needed.
Management and Team Leadership:
· Work with quality, operations, product, and commercial teams to establish goals and objectives for the coaching function. Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and set up a system to track against them.
· Communicate progress and insights. This may include informal updates to peers, presentation to the leadership team, or external communications at conferences / webinars / etc.
· Prior experience delivering health coaching and/or therapy
· Experience in respiratory / pulmonary related disease
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfort using phone, text, email, and video calls for inbound and outbound interaction with members
· High technological literacy – comfort using a variety of software tools and systems
Wow us with:
· Experience as a health navigator or care coordinator for chronic condition(s)
· Experience in a digital health startup, especially in a health coaching model
· RT / PT / RN / LPN / APRN / PA
· Fluency in Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer
Convexity Scientific (Wellinks) embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better and more impactful our work will be! Convexity Scientific, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.