Wellinks is a COPD-focused digital health company fueled by a mission to empower people in their pursuit to breathe freely. Wellinks’ lead asset is a digitally enabled and outcomes-driven holistic virtual care management solution for COPD, with a focus on reinventing respiratory care. The company’s expertise in COPD innovation began with the development and FDA 510(k) clearance of Flyp Nebulizer, the first truly pocket-portable nebulizer, allowing patients simple, convenient, and connected access to breathing treatments.
We are searching for an experienced and motivated Vice President of Market Access who will play a critical role in all product strategy and commercial planning, with a focus on payer interactions. The VP Market Access will be responsible for shaping and leading the way Wellinks approaches market access and channel customers.
The ideal candidate has experience in securing medical policy coverage, health plan contracting/sales, payer strategy formulation, complex relationship management, and prior experience working in a health plan or other payer (clinical, program/product, and/or sales and account management).
· Roll-up the sleeves initially as an individual contributor – responsible for both creating, communicating, and executing the market access plan
· As Wellinks grows, build a Market Access / Payer Relations team
· Create short-, medium- and long-term vision and organizational plan for the market access strategy including resource allocation, brand budget, priorities
· Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and translation of strategy is effectively embedded into promotional programs and tools
· Help plan and execute the US strategy for entry into the payer / at-risk provider arena to ensure access market entry for Wellinks’ solutions, initially focused on COPD digitally-enabled virtual disease management
· Lead all payer, reimbursement and coding activities and programs to ensure successful product launch
· Organize a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary Market Access team (including Marketing and Sales, Communications, Clinical Development, Market Access and Pricing, Business Intelligence, and Finance) for planning and executing launch of the product(s) into the payer / provider arena within the US
· Lead the development and execution of the Wellinks Market Access strategies and tactics for:
o Payer customers (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, VA/DOD);
o Sites of care access customers (administrative staff, revenue cycle management, and other HCPs)
o Patient Support
· Identify payer customer insights, determine segmentation, develop promotional positioning, and create / test value messages
· Identify site of care access customer insights, determine segmentation, develop site of care positioning, and create / test value messages
· Work with Clinical Development to develop health economic and outcomes research insights/evidence (HEOR), budget impact models to support payer customer needs and overall brand value positioning
· Collaborate with Marketing and Product on product strategy and tactics
· Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, MPH, or other relevant advanced degree preferred
· Minimum 10 years of experience including, but not limited to, Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans, Value-Based Healthcare (VBHC), Employer Sponsored Health Plans, Digital Health, Consulting, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), and Managed Care required
· Minimum 5 years of experience with innovative healthcare solutions, ideally including launching value-based products to payer customers required
· Expertise in payer markets including understanding all major payer segments required (e.g., how payers make profit/manage budgets, manage formulary access, operationalize coverage decisions/ utilization management) required
· Experience setting and executing site of care access and reimbursement strategies required
· Experience building and leading teams preferred
· Experience contracting for vendor provided services required
· Experience in payer account management preferred
· Health outcomes / health economics experience (HEOR) preferred
For immediate consideration, apply at (INSERT LINK) and send resume and cover letter to Geoff.Matous@wellinks.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Convexity Scientific (Wellinks) embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better and more impactful our work will be! Convexity Scientific, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.