Director of Operations
Location: Dallas, TX
Industry: Non-profit / Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: In-Office
Impact Ventures pioneers an integrated capital approach for capital deployment. We believe that we can best support the creation of resilient local economies by using a range of integrated capital tools: loans, credit enhancements, equity investments, royalty finance, direct public offerings, crowdfunding, grants and more.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Operations (DO) will report directly to the CEO and is a member of the Executive Leadership Team. The DO is responsible for developing and executing the internal operational strategies necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of Impact Ventures. The DO will also ensure the internal daily planning, implementation, management and oversight of the organization. The DO will directly supervise organizational administrators and staff and serve various roles and responsibilities when critical positions are vacant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other related duties to a level of professional excellence. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
Leadership & Staff Management
- Works with the CEO in planning and forming the organization's long-range goals.
- Provides day-to-day operational leadership and support to staff that mirrors the mission and core values of IV with the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Oversees, directs and manages all day-to-day business operations and internal administrative staff of the organization.
- Develop, implements and manages operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight, input and developing best practices for Human Resources and related functions listed, but not limited to; HR policies, procedures, documentation, on-boarding employee experience, culture, employee accountability, performance measures and evaluations, employee handbook and compliance.
- Finds solutions to complex problems by breaking down complicated issues and communicating effectively to the BOD, C-Suite and Staff.
- Develops and maintains effective communications and reporting to the BOD and collaborates effectively with C-Suite.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports to the BOD on agency performance and yields input from the CEO when compiling information.
Business Operations & Administration
- Ensures all legal and regulatory documents are filed, reported, audited and in compliance with laws and regulations for the organization.
- Develop scopes of work and manage deliverables for external vendors and partnerships
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of payroll, employee benefits, business insurance. Ensure compliance with all labor law and employment practices
- Oversee process for performance evaluations and compensation review. Support recruitment and talent retention strategies.
- Handle all contracts, including grant agreements, business and vendor contracts, subcontracts, and federal agreements. Ensure compliance with federal procurement standards when applicable. Reviews all legal documents and Terms of Services
- Establish fee schedules and evaluate cost and effectiveness of earned revenue initiatives
- Responsible for overseeing budgets, financial reporting, and fiscal accountability.
- Monitors monthly financial reports to ensure that revenue targets are met, and expenses are controlled.
- Takes action to improve performance and achieve financial goals.
- Manage physical facilities and assets
- Identify, select, and work with consultants (e.g. legal, financial, HR) to supplement expertise when necessary
- Ensures all programs and departments meet the short-term and long-range plans, and budgets based on defined agency goals and growth objectives as determined by the BOD and with collaborative input from the CEO.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in operational, management, or leadership functions.
- An enthusiasm and passion for people and serving the mission.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence.
- A team player, and strong problem-solving skills and emotional intelligence.
- Gain the trust and cooperation of others to effectively communicate concepts and ideas and to motivate and hold staff accountable.
- Analytical abilities are necessary to make sound decisions, logical interpretations, and to review and interpret financial statements and budgets.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate professional and effective working relationships.
- Operate with proficiency a variety of office equipment to include an office computer, a variety of word processing, spreadsheets, analytical and data management, project management software and applications as well as some graphic and presentation programs.
- Attend evening and weekend meetings and events as required.
- Strong skill set in prioritizing, strategizing, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments and roles and responsibilities with minimum supervision.
Impact Ventures is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.