Industry: Non-profit / Financial Services
Employment Type: Internship (Non-Paid)
Impact Ventures is looking for passionate and intellectually curious candidates to fill an integrated capital internship position within its Fund Department. The integrated capital intern plays a significant role in Impact Ventures integrated capital strategy. The primary responsibilities include investment outreach and recruitment, market research, investment due diligence, and impact assessments with IV’s current and prospective portfolio companies.
: Investment Director and CEO
a. Conduct due diligence for prospective investment opportunities.
b. Maintain portfolio tracking reports and written documentation on investment decisions in partnership with appropriate parties.
c. In collaboration with colleagues, discover, define, and evaluate new investment opportunities and their fit in the portfolio.
d. Research and present analysis of the total portfolio impact and financial performance and risk profile
e. Refer new investment opportunities according to fund thesis and investment guidelines
f. Collect diligence documents from companies and liaise with external partners (legal, fund admin) to put together documents for investment.
g. Coordinate and attend respective meetings with portfolio companies, assist with analysis of impact data, assist with annual impact report, and assist with on-going impact management of portfolio.
h. Perform and track technical assistance provided to portfolio companies.
i. Perform any and all other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature and character those above, which may be assigned and/or directed.
· MBA level or Upper-class undergraduate student with interest in experience in FP&A, Lending, Venture, Corporate Finance, and/or Business Development positions.
· Demonstrated interest in and understanding of economic justice, gender equity, sustainability, and/or related topics.
· Excellent skills in quantitative analysis, problem solving and general critical thinking.
· Resourceful, proactive, able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
· Basic understanding of financial statements
· Intermediate skills in Excel for financial modeling
· Unquestioned ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Intern (non-paid)
- 10-15hrs per week
- Duration: 6 Months (October 2023 – March 2024)