Role: Director of Philanthropy & Strategic Partnerships
Location: Dallas, TX
Industry: Non-profit /Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time/Exempt
ABOUT IMPACT VENTURES:
Impact Ventures (IV) is a non-profit organization that accelerates and invests in all shades of genius. Impact Ventures programs remove barriers for under-estimated Women and BIPOC communities to build generational wealth through inclusive entrepreneurship, community building, and integrated capital. Since 2017, Impact Ventures has served over 2500 people through community events, hackathons, workshops, and entrepreneurial training programs.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Director of Philanthropy & Strategic Partnerships to join our team in delivering high-quality fundraising and development strategies that forward our organization's mission. We are seeking someone who shares our beliefs that:
- Our economy should work for all.
- Social Justice without Economic Justice is a lost cause.
- Current capital markets aren't working.
- Investment decisions should not be strictly financial.
- We have much to learn from emerging models of impact investing, solidarity economics, and justice movements.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Development of Philanthropy provides leadership in the creation and successful implementation of the agency’s fund development activities. The Development Manager will partner with the CEO/ED to help expand the agency’s development program by executing activities designed to attract annual, foundation, and corporate giving such as maintaining excellent relationships with funders, volunteers, and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve annual giving goals through direct efforts including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Confidently ‘make the ask,’ whether in a team or independently.
- Work with the CEO to establish short and long-term development plans, advise on annual fundraising budgets and revenue goals, and maintain the annual development plan.
- Plan and lead the annual giving program and manage a portfolio of current and potential donors.
- Research foundation and public opportunities that align with the organization’s mission and impact to with the funders respective priorities. This includes monitoring local, state, federal, and private announcements to keep well informed of funding opportunities.
- Support annual events to generate funds and awareness for Impact Ventures, including solicitation and management of sponsors and procurement of in-kind support for events.
- Strategically engage (calling, emailing, and visiting) donors and prospects in order to match their interests with the strategic direction of Impact Ventures
- Write, organize, edit, and submit grant applications in accordance with grantor requirements and deadlines, and monitors and tracks status of proposals.
- Coordinate with Executive Assistant to maintain a donor database, log conversations with donors, and manage donor gift acknowledgments, and appropriate levels of donor appreciation.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO and Senior Leadership team to generate ideas, share successes, and problem-solve.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to grow professionally and maintain best practices.
- Represent Impact Ventures and uphold the organization’s values with stakeholders and throughout the community.
- Perform all other relative duties as assigned.
RELATED AGENCY ACTIVITIES:
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance; develop professional goals and objectives.
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences; work collaboratively with staff to meet goals.
- Participate in fundraising and volunteer engagement events as directed.
- Engage in approved continuing education opportunities as appropriate.
- Share the duties of answering phones and greeting guests.
- Serve as an ambassador for the agency.
- 10 or more years of development experience with annual fundraising and major gift solicitation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred, and special consideration will be given to candidates with relevant certifications, such as a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Proven track record in portfolio management and in achieving fundraising goals.
- Experience in prospect research, donor cultivation, effective solicitation, and successful stewardship
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and professional etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Light physical demands (i.e., spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends to support special events or projects)
- Proficiency with a donor database or CRM system is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- Poised, confident, self-motivated, effective in independent and collaborative work settings, and demonstrating time management skills and a strong work ethic.
Impact Ventures offers a highly competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Impact Ventures is highly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates, and values employees from all backgrounds; candidates of color, LGBTQ+, Women, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.