Integrated Capital Associate
Location: Dallas, TX
Industry: Non-profit / Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time / Part-time / Contract
Impact Ventures (IV) is Dallas-based accelerator and integrated capital fund with a mission to accelerate and invest in all shades of genius. Impact Ventures works to remove the social and economic barriers for Women and BIPOC communities to build generational wealth through inclusive entrepreneurship, community wealth building, and integrated capital. IV provides mentorship, training, education, and grant capital through our flagship accelerator programs and deploys flexible debt and patient equity capital through our Integrated Capital Fund.
Impact Ventures pioneers an integrated capital approach for capital deployment. We believe that we can best support the creation of resilient local economies by using a range of integrated capital tools: term loans, lines of credit, equity and near-equity investments, revenue-based financing, purchase order financing, grants, and more.
The Integrated Capital Associate plays a significant role in Impact Ventures' integrated capital deployment strategy. The primary responsibilities include sourcing and vetting prospective investment opportunities and providing ongoing technical assistance and business development support to existing portfolio companies.
Responsibilities also include:
Research & Investment Sourcing
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities. To discuss and review business cases and to work with existing portfolio companies.
- Network with peers in other Venture Capital Firms Maintaining a database to track opportunity information.
- Monitoring portfolio companies through review of reports and interaction with management teams
- Participate in all other aspects of due diligence, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, customer surveys and industry research.
- Gather pertinent company documents and information from the target company and industry experts.
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company. Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology, including IPs Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company.
- Perform valuation analysis and financial forecasting via modeling. Help prepare internal investment memos.
- Research and present analysis of the total portfolio impact and financial performance and risk profile.
- Perform and track technical assistance provided to portfolio companies.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with portfolio companies.
- Conduct financial and impact assessments in partnership with portfolio companies.
- Research and identify business development opportunities for portfolio companies. i.e., fundraising, customer acquisition, partnership opportunities
- Identify opportunities to connect portfolio companies to Mentor network.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, and assist portfolio companies with crisis management issues as needed.
Required Experience, Skills, and Capabilities
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in FP&A, Finance, and/or management consulting.
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of economic justice, gender equity, sustainability, and/or related topics.
- Excellent skills in quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Resourceful, proactive, and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Unquestioned ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Very strong work ethic, strong communicator, and fast learner
- Analytical and well-versed in constructing logical arguments to defend thesis and point of view
- Fundamental understanding of business financials, projections, break-even point, and financial metrics (Preferred but not required)
Impact Ventures is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This role has an annual salary range of $65,000 - 85,000 and includes company standard benefits:
- Access to health/dental/vision plan
- 401K Management available
- Flexible PTO and Holidays
- Flexible work schedule and environment