Role: Investment Director, Integrated Capital Fund
Location: Dallas, TX
Industry: Non-profit / Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Impact Ventures (IV) is a business accelerator and impact investing fund with a mission to build economic opportunities for under-estimated Women and BIPOC Communities through education, capital, and community. We provide mentorship, training and education through our flagship accelerator programs and as a 501c3 charitable loan fund, we invest integrated capital (debt, equity, and grants) in women and BIPOC-led businesses that create economic power and build community wealth.
We are seeking a full-time Investment Director to join our fund team in structuring capital as a tool for economic justice. We are seeking someone who shares our beliefs that:
- There is no justice without Economic Justice
- Current capital markets aren’t working
- Investment decisions should not be strictly financial
- We have much to learn from emerging models of impact investing, solidarity economics, and justice movements
As ICF Director, you will identify innovative and inclusive opportunities for lending and investing, manage and monitor portfolio performance, interface with funders, investors, and investment committee members, and build partnerships with local organizations. The successful candidate has experience in deal origination, financial analysis, capital structuring, and portfolio management, and a willingness to apply those skills in directing capital toward gender and racial justice.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fund Management and Administration
- Fund Reporting – Responsible for key fund performance metrics measuring liquidity, return, duration, valuation, etc.
- Investment/Loan tracking – Use internal software and tools to track individual loan performance and amortization schedules, note sales, etc.
- Fund Accounting, budgeting, and forecasting – working in partnership with CEO to establish fund financial management and planning.
- Compliance – Ensuring Impact Ventures fund is in compliance with all state and federal laws as related to its activities and such.
- Business Development – Relationship building with financial institutions, foundations, family offices, and HNW individuals as prospective investors
- Investor & Donor Relations – Cultivating relationships with note holders, investors, and donors
- Grant writing and reporting – Identifying grant investment opportunities within both private and public sectors
- Deal Sourcing - Source high-quality loan and investment opportunities through built in referral network as well as outbound recruitment and community engagement.
- Pipeline Management – Manage and move deal prospect through process from star to finish.
- Due Diligence – Provide oversight, process refinement, and strategic guidance to Fund Team during the diligence process.
- Deal structuring – Lead and provide oversight to Impact Ventures Fund capital structuring process.
- Deal Closing – Work with internal and external stakeholders to move deals through pipeline to close
- Relationship management – Prioritize building authentic long-term relationships with our founders and portfolio company teams
- Metric Reporting – Own and structure portfolio data collection and reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Technical Assistance – Provide high-quality technical assistance, mentorship and guidance to fund portfolio founders and company teams.
- Work with other members of the executive leadership team and direct reports to advance Impact Venture’s mission, vision, and values, set strategic goals and support implementation through Directors.
- In partnership with the CEO, the ID will establish a strategic vision and guiding fund philosophy, identify and develop new capital products and carefully monitor the progress toward those efforts.
- The ID will report directly to the CEO and have overall responsibility and management for all fund staff, their supervisors as well as fund administrative/support staff.
- Serve in a high-visibility leadership role to help transform local economy investing practices
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with Impact Ventures internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of achieving its mission
- Building Impact Ventures investing approach awareness through public speaking, publishing, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
An ideal candidate will value:
- Our mission to build a better financial system
- Developing solutions from a team perspective
- Ability to execute semi-independently
- Commitment to quality balanced with efficiency
- Sense of humor, flexibility, and resilience
- Working collaboratively across teams
And have a background and skills that include:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in lending and/or investing
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of economic justice, racial justice, gender equity, sustainability, and/or related topics
- Possess analytical skills and an interest in financial markets, public policy, and social and environmental issues
- Excellent skills in quantitative analysis and creative approach to structuring debt and equity investments
- Ability to be self-directed; entrepreneurial experience a plus
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt
- Resourceful, proactive, able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
Preference for candidates that also have one or more of:
- Experience working in impact investment industry
- Fluency in another language beyond English
- Lived experience in our target investment communities, such as communities of color, New American, veteran, and other overlooked and underestimated communities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This role has an annual salary range of $115,000 - 150,000 and includes company standard benefits:
- Access to health/dental/vision plan
- 401K Management available
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Flexible PTO and Holidays
- Flexible work schedule and environment